Band or song tattoo(s)?

Lochlan

i can't believe you've never heard of the Templars, D. Loch, do you remember when Ques would wear that Skrewdriver sweatshirt? There were so many confused reactions to that haha.

Also, i think there should be a thread just for D's drunken responses, and then his reactions to what he's posted the next day. What do you think D?

btw, nice tattoo. there's so many Lucero lyrics that i want as tattoos.

I was so drunk I just noticed this.... almost four months later.

Im would have been so down for this, but I have since started my one month of sobriety. I have gotten a belly from all the beer/whiskey and I need to get in shape.

got 3 H2O tattoos:swallows holding banner with EVERREADY in it,dices with ONE LIFE ONE CHANCE and the first H2O logo as the water drop and a MADBALL ball from HOLD IT DOWN altough i prefer SET IT OFF as album and logo.

perhaps i'll get one day the bad brains banned in DC design but with the milan's Duomo(cathedral) instead of the white house,or PMA (altough it's not exactly from the brains but from Napoleon Hill)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i think i'm a bad influence on my roommate, who's fairly straight laced... i spend all my time drawing and painting (hoping to become a tattooer in the future), and i think he's contemplating whether he'd get a Queens of the Stone Age tattoo. i might ask him his favorite song or lyric, do a painting for him, then see id he'd consider it as a tattoo before he goes back to college at the end of the summer.

as for myself, i've got a few music related ones. a third of my forearm and my hand are music related, and i've got a set of yellow straight edge praying hands on my calf that read STAY GOLD. more music plans are in the works, i just need to solidify them.

• 2 weeks later...

So after my ex decided to bag buying a ring and break up with me (1st excuse) because of all my tattoos, I said eff you and went and got these, inspired by Big And Rich's Raising Hell and Amazing Grace. I sat at home drawing this out as many ways as I could demons angels and then randomly wrote on both my wrists and that was it, I went and got it done, surprisingly as much as I'm in the sun they've held up rather well!

n558857622_2458945_5163161.jpg

Here is the song itself:

YouTube - ‪Between Raising Hell And Amazing Grace (Video)‬‏

• 3 weeks later...

This going to be lengthy.

H.R. from Bad brains portrait

Sid Vicious portrait

2 G.G. Allin portraits

Bad Brains P.M.A

The Exploited skull

Danzig Skull

Misfits skull

Suicidal Tendencies ST

Ramones symbol

Operation Ivy guy

Ant-Flag – New Kind of Army cover

Black Flag bars

Public Enemy – Bulls eye

Circle Jerks – punk rocker

Dead Kennedy’s symbol and In God We Trust Inc. cross

Danzig – Black Aria

Crass symbol

Screeching Weasel

Minor Threat album cover

Alternative Tentacles symbol

The Decedents – Milo

Misfits – Legacy of Brutality both front and back cover pieces.

The Cramps

Subhumans –Skull and The Day the County Died cover

Eazy-E portrait

Lars Frederikson portrait

Samhain –Unholy Passion

Misfits- Die Die My Darling

Tiger Army

And about 20 of so more punk related tattoos and may political tattoos as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, no pictures yet, but I have two.

Social D's Skelli mascot (inside left bicep, his feet are at my elbow and his cigarette ember ends in my armpit...I friggin' love it!)

The lightning bolt from AC/DC's logo. I plan to expand on that one in the future, but for now, I know what it represents.

I have some song titles/lyrics from the Vheissu album by Thrice which I love and they fit in nicely on the banners of my tattoos. On an unrealted not I have the 4 element symbols from the 5th Element film. It was my second tattoo and to this day I still chuckle whenever I see it.

I've got two band / song tattoos.

The first one is just the word "Shine", in a calligraphy style. Its not actually immediately obvious what it says as it's all swirly, which is how I wanted it.

It's the title of my favorite Rollins Band song, and in a moment of geeky fandom, I collared poor Henry Rollins at one of his spoken word shows and inisted on showing him. I don't even have the excuse of alcohol for that.

The second one I've got is a catalogue number. Theres a band over here in the UK whose music I love. I really wanted a tattoo based on the band, but I didn't fancy another lyric and there wasn't any obvious artwork that sprang to mind. They used to have their own record label with their own unique catalogue numbers on that all followed the same pattern ("BLUEnnn") until they got merged with a larger company, and then their catalogue numbers became long dull strings of numbers and letters. So I got in touch with the band and asked if I could "have" what would have been the next number if they've have kept their own label. They were more than happy to say yes, so I merged it into the piece I was having done. Its not at all obvious, and even another fan of the band probably wouldn't catch what it means, but in a way, that's what I like about it.

• 4 weeks later...

My first two tattoos at the age of 18 or 19: Social D skull and Sick of it All dragon. Glad I wasn't into 7 Mary Three or Korn at that point, it could have been much worse. Although I still like those bands and some of the old punk, in my mid 30's I aint quite as "hardcore" as I once was. I am more likely to listen to John Coltrane or Tom Waits these days. Very grateful that I fell in with some great artist in the late 90's who guided me to the classic tattoo styles that I prefer these days.

So you're drunk listening to the first album? You know the Templars which is an all black skinhead band (though they have been rotating in their third member not black lately) rip their sound from recording to progressions straight off Skrewdriver and have even said Skrewdriver was a great band but their lyrics sucked. How I love every time The Templars play in the Bay Area! The stories and ??? that are just not okay for the internet. Who's been? They are brilliant on and off the stage!! A must listen if you don't know them!

The Templars are not all black. Just the drummer. The on and off again Bass player is mixed race, and the Singer is White. I have 90% of their material collected on vinyl. When I was lucky enough to see them( For some reason they will not perform in Chicago), they also had a second guitarist(who was white). They also have many different influences other than Skrewdriver. They have quite a lot of jangly guitar sounding stuff. Check out this off their first album.

The Templars are not all black. Just the drummer. The on and off again Bass player is mixed race, and the Singer is White. I have 90% of their material collected on vinyl. When I was lucky enough to see them( For some reason they will not perform in Chicago), they also had a second guitarist(who was white). They also have many different influences other than Skrewdriver. They have quite a lot of jangly guitar sounding stuff. Check out this off their first album.

So you have a good record collection then! Of course there are other influences other than just Skrewdriver though it is a large sound they pull from....

As for the ethnicity of the band, I guess the word "all" was not fully accurate but rather a percentage larger than half of the original band is not white and the new guys when they do play shows have diluted that number. The original line-up is three-quarters black decent as far as I know.... The point being is that they are not nazi skins but pull from one of the largest nazi skinhead bands ever while not being a white band which is awesome. They are by far one of the best bands on album, live and so under-rated/unknown. We used to get them about once a year in the Bay Area for two nights or so but that has subsided.....I've seen them in a few other cities as well over the years and the shows are always insanity!

By the way they are scholars who lead professional lives that few would guess some skinheads would live....fellow Rumbler Bruce Roehrs (RIP) used to tell stories for days on them... They've always been nice guys to me with no attitudes just loving what they do but then you see the crowd when they play and you would be less likely to guess that.

The bass player Perry is from the Chicago area. and Phil has DJ-ed some Mod skin weekenders here. I don't know why they don't play Chicago. I guess cus it can get pretty goofy at shows here. I saw them once in St. Louis and had to fight a group of Chicago guys to do so. That would explain why they don't come here I guess? But yea they are rad. Not to be a know it all but the original lineup had 2 whiteboys and then Phil. Carl and Phil basically ARE the Templars. The other guys are just players in their show. Carl also has some cool side projects. Stamford Bridge is his current one. It's almost Powerpop. It's pretty good.

• 7 months later...

I have an eagle across my chest with a banner underneath that has the title of a Merle Haggard song in it: "Fightin' side of me"

I also have a cholo style skeleton in progress of my leg inspired by Suicidal Tendencies, getting it finished on Saturday.

Always wanted a Motorhead tattoo but could never decide what/where.