Band or song tattoo(s)?

Lochlan

This was an earlier idea of mine, too and I've actually seen one of these, just can't remember where or by who! ...Useless.

i've never seen that line tattooed, or an image representing it, but its a great one!

Did you catch them a few months ago? They just did a reunion tour.

i don't know if this was just to gougetheeyes or to both of us, so i feel pretentious answering it, but here goes. i got to see them on both reunion tours (last year and this year), and i almost got in fights at both because other people were being assholes. oh well, they were still awesome shows.

i've never seen that line tattooed, or an image representing it, but its a great one!

i don't know if this was just to gougetheeyes or to both of us, so i feel pretentious answering it, but here goes. i got to see them on both reunion tours (last year and this year), and i almost got in fights at both because other people were being assholes. oh well, they were still awesome shows.

Oh I dunno who it was directed at. Yeah, I saw them right before they broke up the first time (in like 01' or 02 maybe?) and then a few months back...Noone was being an asshole at the last show, but I got drunk and kept fantasizing about sucker-punching all the hipsters in the back of their heads and stealing their wallets and cowboy boots...I'm pretty lame.

Oh I dunno who it was directed at. Yeah, I saw them right before they broke up the first time (in like 01' or 02 maybe?) and then a few months back...Noone was being an asshole at the last show, but I got drunk and kept fantasizing about sucker-punching all the hipsters in the back of their heads and stealing their wallets and cowboy boots...I'm pretty lame.

that's not lame, i fantasize about such things all the time, and i'm never drunk!

i never got to see them before they broke up. it always seemed like they played when i was broke or didn't have a ride (i was in highschool then) and my parents wouldn't let me go to shows by myself so i missed out on a lot of good bands. still bummed on not seeing Fugazi.

• 1 month later...

I just got this last week:

20101130-q8djd72f9acs2b8tby7jggxw5f.jpg

Bad Brains fans will immediately recognize that I got that Positive Mental Attitude. But that's not what I love about this tattoo.

I went back home to Texas for Thanksgiving. I usually go to Austin, where I used to live, to spend it with my brother, but this year, we all went to my parents' house. Now, my parents are very old school conservatives. In fact, they don't even know I have tattoos (although I think they're beginning to suspect it). My oldest nephew is 27 and is very much the black sheep of the family. But for the past few years, he's worked as a piercer/tattooer. He's not all that welcome at my parents' house, but he's my nephew and I love him.

His younger brother drove me to his shop to pay him a visit. It was the first time I'd seen him in 10 years; as soon as I saw him, I knew I had to get tattooed by him. He was really honored and I was very, very touched to be able to add a piece from a family member to my collection. He's also a Bad Brains fan, and it seemed like a good choice for a quickie tattoo. This one means more to me than anything else I have.

Bad Brains fans will immediately recognize that I got that Positive Mental Attitude. But that's not what I love about this tattoo.

I went back home to Texas for Thanksgiving. I usually go to Austin, where I used to live, to spend it with my brother, but this year, we all went to my parents' house. Now, my parents are very old school conservatives. In fact, they don't even know I have tattoos (although I think they're beginning to suspect it). My oldest nephew is 27 and is very much the black sheep of the family. But for the past few years, he's worked as a piercer/tattooer. He's not all that welcome at my parents' house, but he's my nephew and I love him.

His younger brother drove me to his shop to pay him a visit. It was the first time I'd seen him in 10 years; as soon as I saw him, I knew I had to get tattooed by him. He was really honored and I was very, very touched to be able to add a piece from a family member to my collection. He's also a Bad Brains fan, and it seemed like a good choice for a quickie tattoo. This one means more to me than anything else I have.

Excellent story :)

Ross, thanks for taking the time to post this picture and story. How have you kept your tattoos hidden from them for so long? You gotta be what at least three quarters covered?

Ross, thanks for taking the time to post this picture and story. How have you kept your tattoos hidden from them for so long? You gotta be what at least three quarters covered?

Haha...let's just say that you're probably a lot closer to your parents than I am (both emotionally and geographically). I see them about once a year, so it's not that difficult to stay covered, and I don't plan on doing my hands or neck.

And yes, I see the irony in me posting this in a thread that is ostensibly about punk tattoos. At this point, several of my nephews are tattooed and my parents know about it. There are different rules for grandkids, though, and I know that my parents would just be brokenhearted to learn that I'm as heavily tattooed as I am. That's why I just avoid the topic altogether.

HOWEVER, my oldest sister told me the funniest thing I've heard in years. She said that my dad mentioned to her that he knows that my wife is tattooed. (I think she sent him a pic of her with our daughter.) My wife has half sleeves, a few tattoos on her back, and one on her shin. My dad's comment to my sister was, "I know she's got one BIG tattoo on her arm...I think maybe she's been influencing Ross." I don't think I've laughed that hard in years.

HOWEVER, my oldest sister told me the funniest thing I've heard in years. She said that my dad mentioned to her that he knows that my wife is tattooed. (I think she sent him a pic of her with our daughter.) My wife has half sleeves, a few tattoos on her back, and one on her shin. My dad's comment to my sister was, "I know she's got one BIG tattoo on her arm...I think maybe she's been influencing Ross." I don't think I've laughed that hard in years.

HAHA, who was tattooed first?