Band or song tattoo(s)?

Lochlan

• 1 month later...
also have an anti-burnout, kinda anti-punk loser tattoo "LIVE SLOW, DIE OLD" in script on my shoulders by nick colella.

Greatest. Shit. Ever!

Sadly, Im not as cool as you guys.

My first tattoo was a hand poked Wu-Tang clan logo that I got in a group home when I was 15 and then my first "real shop tattoo" was this angel demon thing that has Korn written in its shirt.

Yeah...

Fuuuuuck...

If I would get a band tattoo, it would be something to do with Bruce Springsteen, because he is THE MAN. Been listening to him for about 13 years. Could be practically any lyric of his.

Other one would be maybe a quote from the interview I did with Great New Jersey band Spanish Bombs

DREAMWORLD REALISM: Interview with Spanish Bombs

If a 16year old kid would buy one of your albums, what would you like him to get out of it?

Be fierce young lord!

Thats the coolest line ever.

Greatest. Shit. Ever!

If I would get a band tattoo, it would be something to do with Bruce Springsteen, because he is THE MAN. Been listening to him for about 13 years. Could be practically any lyric of his.

i really want a tattoo for Thunder Road.

Is is wrong that I am so tired and fed up with people talking about Skrewdriver and how much they hate them (I do as well, yet dont make it constantly public) that I want to get a Skrewdriver tattoo?

Just to piss off all the people who initially see it. Then tell them what everyone says when they accidentally say they were listening to Skrewdriver... "Well the first album was really good brah..."

I Drunk.

Is is wrong that I am so tired and fed up with people talking about Skrewdriver and how much they hate them (I do as well, yet dont make it constantly public) that I want to get a Skrewdriver tattoo?

Just to piss off all the people who initially see it. Then tell them what everyone says when they accidentally say they were listening to Skrewdriver... "Well the first album was really good brah..."

I Drunk.

So you're drunk listening to the first album? You know the Templars which is an all black skinhead band (though they have been rotating in their third member not black lately) rip their sound from recording to progressions straight off Skrewdriver and have even said Skrewdriver was a great band but their lyrics sucked. How I love every time The Templars play in the Bay Area! The stories and ??? that are just not okay for the internet. Who's been? They are brilliant on and off the stage!! A must listen if you don't know them!

Actually, Im drunk watching David Cross stand up and laughing constantly.

Im going to download that right now (if I can find it.) I really like Skrewdrivers sound, but their lyrics after the first album were... well horrible. Ian Curtis could have been a lot more, but turned out to be a National Front asshole.

I need to watch out for this band. It sounds great.

While writing this I switched to Tom Waits... ohhh the sorrow!!!!

i really want a tattoo for Thunder Road.

Yes. This is amazingly well written. As is anything with Bruce

So you're scared and you're thinking

That maybe we aint that young anymore

Show a little faith, there's magic in the night

You aint a beauty, but hey you're alright

Oh and that's alright with me

How... normal. Fucking amazing. And this part

There were ghosts in the eyes

Of all the boys you sent away

They haunt this dusty beach road

In the skeleton frames of burned out chevrolets

They scream your name at night in the street

Your graduation gown lies in rags at their feet

And in the lonely cool before dawn

You hear their engines roaring on

But when you get to the porch they're gone

On the wind, so mary climb in

Its a town full of losers

And Im pulling out of here to win.

Fucking amazing. Its normal, everyday life, but its so romantic that its more than life. Or its life seen as it really is, in all its sorrow and beauty. Thunder Road is fucking amazing in the Born to Run box where there is the live dvd from Hammersmith Odeon. Fucking sony or what ever, but they take all the good versions of the youtube, so the song isnt there anymore. But, its fucking great. Just with piano and total darkness, where you just see Bruce singing.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are 4 that come to mind:

ROSE TATTOO- Scarred for Life

TURBONEGRO- F.T.W.

CRASS-(every punk rocker back in day had this tattoo even if they hated the band)

Peter Wingfield- 18 With a Bullet (18th ST. bangers have gotten this tattooed since the 70's. It's some doo-wop type music)

Two of my most loved things are tattoos and music....I don't think I'd be a tattooer if it wasn't for music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYdK3eVSuTI

ROSE TATTOO- Scarred for Life (the song F***Kn' rules)...IT JUST DOESN'T GET MORE TATTOO BAND OR SONG THEN THIS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2qd04EinIc

TURBONEGRO- F.T.W.

Peter Wingfield- 18 With a Bullet (18 st. bangers get this...it's a brit doo-wop song)

CRASS-(tons of punkers had this logo tattooed back in the day, even if they hated the band).

I love tattoos, I love music...cheers for posting this!

Actually, Im drunk watching David Cross stand up and laughing constantly.

Im going to download that right now (if I can find it.) I really like Skrewdrivers sound, but their lyrics after the first album were... well horrible. Ian Curtis could have been a lot more, but turned out to be a National Front asshole.

I need to watch out for this band. It sounds great.

While writing this I switched to Tom Waits... ohhh the sorrow!!!!

i can't believe you've never heard of the Templars, D. Loch, do you remember when Ques would wear that Skrewdriver sweatshirt? There were so many confused reactions to that haha.

Also, i think there should be a thread just for D's drunken responses, and then his reactions to what he's posted the next day. What do you think D?

btw, nice tattoo. there's so many Lucero lyrics that i want as tattoos.

Fucking amazing. Its normal, everyday life, but its so romantic that its more than life. Or its life seen as it really is, in all its sorrow and beauty. Thunder Road is fucking amazing in the Born to Run box where there is the live dvd from Hammersmith Odeon. Fucking sony or what ever, but they take all the good versions of the youtube, so the song isnt there anymore. But, its fucking great. Just with piano and total darkness, where you just see Bruce singing.

it's desperation, and trying to have something more than just that sinking feeling when you settle. the opening lines especially:

"The screendoor slams, Mary's dress waves"

it just sets the whole tone.

"Like a vision, she dances across the porch as the radio plays."
you can just picture her coming out of the house to see what the noise outside is, and you can feel her excitement, even her hope, that what that noise has brought her is not another disappointment, like all the other boys she's sent away. there's a sense of promise and glory. it feels like the same promise and glory that fuels the "American Dream".

also the layers of comparisons and metaphors like

"Roy Orbison singing for the lonely. Hey that's me and I want you only. Don't turn me home again, I just can't face myself alone again."

he's describing "Pretty Woman" but also the protaganist's plot in the song too. It also reminds me of the Lucero line

"Jukebox don't know it's the graveyard shift; shakes, rattles, and rolls."
from Here at the Starlight. I actually feel like both the Boss and Lucero have a lot in common, though Lucero's songs are split (at least i feel like) between the rise and the fall of the "American Dream"

anyways, i could keep nerding out on this. i'll have to look for that video Petri!

Well, i dont care what anyone thinks...haha but i really really love skrewdriver and their sound...i dont believe or support any of their lyrics and just take it for what it is...fuck it. And Lochlan, TEMPLARS ARE THE BEST!!!! Also love Main Street Saints...anyone?

Im also a big fan of psychobilly.

I have a cheesy looking butcher knife with a banner that says "Mutant Rock" in it and the blood on the blade form the letters "O.T.M.A.P.P." which stands for Only The Meteors Are Pure Psychobilly.

I also have a beer bottle with a banner around it that says "SICK BOY" in it.

What else...i have a Pedro Infante portrait...google it.

I have a Mastodon water drop from their blood mountain album.

and last but not least a really bad homemade tattoo that i did on myself when i was about 14 on the inner side of my calf that reads "PUNX FOR LIFE" hahah so yeah...thats about it.

• 1 month later...