"How Does it Feel to be the Best Tattooer in the World?"

hgiles

I am a musician, a saxophonist actually. The absolute undisputed living (at the time) saxophonist Mike Brecker was asked "How Does it Feel to be the Best Saxophonist in the World"? His response was "I don't know go ask Jerry Bergonzi (another great Jazz saxophonist)." Mike was always very self-aware and humble.

So if YOU as a tattooer were asked a similar question. How would you respond? Who would YOU place above yourself as a source of inspiration? Even if it's a specific genre that you want to be better at?

..."I don't know, go ask ________________?"

I'm definitely not even anywhere NEAR great. But I read an interview once where a musician said "it took me a long time to realize that you don't WIN at playing guitar. You just have fun." I think the same thing applies to tattooing as well. I don't believe that you "win" at tattooing. You can grow. You can learn. And you can have fun too.

Oh , I see! Sorry, I misunderstood. I would say that every artist I talk with or interact with is an inspiration. People are always doing things very differently from each other. I don't know if I could pin-point one above the rest. If I really HAD to pick one, it would be Dj Minor. He's a very talented artist and he's a great dude too!