Sometimes, morbid curiosity...

PhilB

That's not what it looked like to me in person. Looked like the colour never took at all because the shading was butchered.

If you look at his shading on his galleries, the stuff that is obviously not ripped off often has the same kind of...er..."texture".

That shop's work is scary, some of the work in the galleries looks okay.. some not okay. Agreed that the quality had a vast range to it. I'd never get a tat from anyone with a shop ran out of a garage, is this even legal?

I know of one local shop that has good artists working for it, but I'd never let the owner even touch me.

CG

There was a business licence on the wall, so I presume so. There is very little here in the way of actual regulation for the industry. See:

http://ncceh.ca/sites/default/files/PSE_Guidelines_Comparison_Table_July%202010.pdf

A businesss license is one thing, just shows that you are a registered business. By me, the individual county licenses each tattoo artist. Which is regulated by the department of health for cleanliness and for the most part. I know they do surprise visits especially if the shop is now or has moved to a new location. There seem to be no guidelines for the actual tattoo process itself.

CG

• 2 weeks later...

From their Facebook page:

WE ARE MOVING!!

Our two new shops in New Westminster and Vancouver are under construction right now but should be opening in the next week or two!

Until then we are offering On Site Service (housecalls) at no extra charge for your convenience.

Call now to book your appointment!

[/Quote]

I cannot stop shaking my head enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Update from his "The Dirty" page (To the Point Tattoos Charles Parent):

I walked by this so called shop the other day and he has been evicted.

The driveway is full of furniture and random crap.

Come and get it if you need something!

He had 5 room mates, and they all got the boot too.

He took everyone’s rent money, and once the bailiff and movers had cleared the house and shop, he was out of there.

Leaving all these other people stranded.[/Quote]

That explains the housecalls they are advertising! Also:

This guy has been ripping off my fiance’s artwork for the last few years, as well as other artists. Takes their pictures off facebook, and puts them on his own site pretending they’re his. Even though he’s has been confronted and threatened about this, he still has the balls to keep doing it. You’re no artist, your just a typical Slurrey scumbag, and i hope karma gets you good. Douchbag.[/Quote]

Not exactly shocking there.

• 2 weeks later...

Walked by the "shop" yesterday. The French doors that were leading into the garage have been replaced by proper roll-up doors. No more signs out front advertising the shop, and 5 or so mattresses in the driveway.

I guess the rumor was true.

• 3 weeks later...
The sad part is: They're actually better (er...not as bad) at that than tattooing...

Maybe it's too early or I need my glasses, but that thing is VERY hard for me to read. After looking at their site, who would WANT 5 hours of their ink. Pedestrian and unimaginative tattooing at best. Maybe their slogan should be, "You could get worse!"

@Hogrider look at the "master"'s portfolio, specially that sleeve on his employee that he's so proud of (I strongly suspect the decent work is ripped off). It's currently the 4th and 5th from last picture in the slideshow.

You could get worse, but you'd have to work hard at it. I've seen stuff drawn in crayon that looked better.

(Lassie barks) :Bark!!

(Timmy) :whats that girl?

(Lassie) : Bark!!!

(Timmy) What was that? A tattooer in the BC calls himself the "master", he also charges $150 and additional $75 for late hour!, his tattoos look like boo boo and will challenge anybody and he means anybody to take the challenge of the 5 hour session for $350 if "your man enough", and keeps it if you tap out!!!!!!!

(Lassie) :Bark!!!!

• 5 months later...

Oh no, don't tell me this saga is coming to an end?

Established, Operating 1200 sq. ft. Tattoo Shop For Sale!

(in case the ad is no longer there, the content):

Established, Operating 1200 sq. ft. Tattoo Shop For Sale! - $25000 (Surrey)

Date: 2012-11-29, 8:42PM PST

Buy the business today...walk in and immediately take it over without interruption.

Fully licensed, fully appointed , fully staffed and fully equipped tattoo and piercing shop for sale as I am retiring after 30+ years in the industry.

Huge client list will go with the sale of this shop as does the prestige of owning a world famous tattoo shop, which has been featured on CTV, Global TV and in numerous magazines as setting the standard in Canada for what a shop should be!

Price is $25,000.00 and you can take over the same day and simply carry on operating.

The Inventory alone is worth more!

Shop Inventory for Sale Purposes

2 tattoo chairs @ $350.00 ea . . ......................................................................... $700.00

4 Pro Tattoo Machines @ $125.00 ea . . ............................................................ 500.00

2 Pro Power Supplies @ 125.00 ea . . ................................................................ 250.00

POS System with Inkbooks . . ........................................................................... 2200.00

Print Computer . . .............................................................................................. 400.00

Stencil Printer . . ................................................................................................ 110.00

Epson Printer . . ................................................................................................. 125.00

Asst. Cleaning Supplies . . ................................................................................ 350.00

Sterilization Unit . . ........................................................................................... 485.00

Sonic Cleaner . . ................................................................................................ 150.00

2 Glass work tables @ 125.00 ea . . .................................................................. 250.00

Approx 1400 Asstd. Premade Needle Bars @ 1.75 ea...................................... 2450.00

1 55 color set Starbrite Inks . . ........................................................................... 1100.00

1 Large steel drawing desk w/ locks . . .............................................................. 700.00

2 Office desks @ 85.00 ea . . ............................................................................. 170.00

Large Jewellers safe . . ....................................................................................... 1800.00

Misc Clip Cords, Pedals etc. . . .......................................................................... 100.00

5500 Piercing Needles @ 1.25 ea . . .................................................................. 6875.00

10 Sets Plastic Piercing Tools . . ....................................................................... 380.00

4 Sets Stainless Piercing Tools . . ...................................................................... 450.00

1 Sectional Couch . . ......................................................................................... 220.00

1 52" Projection TV . . ..................................................................................... 125.00

4 Camera Surveillance System with DVR . . ................................................... 750.00

1 Piercing Chair ( Hydraulic) . . ....................................................................... 450.00

1 Hairstyling Chair . . ....................................................................................... 300.00

3 Office Chairs @ $50.00 ea . . ....................................................................... 150.00

Misc. Spray Bottles, Tattoo Cleaning Supplies etc. . . ..................................... 85.00

Misc. Office Supplies . . .................................................................................. 225.00

Misc. Furnishings . . ........................................................................................ 600.00

Display Case . . ................................................................................................ 500.00

Sound System . . .............................................................................................. 3600.00

25 Boxes Nitrile Gloves (asstd. Sizes) . . ........................................................ 425.00

TOTAL VALUE OF INVENTORY . . ..................................................................... $26,725.00

Contact me asap, as this will go fast!

(somehow, I doubt it). Also, not sure where he's getting his prices, but he's apparently buying the most expensive nitrile gloves in the world, considering they cost me $10-$15 a box at full retail when I buy them for mechanical work!