Anyone care to help with a tattoo?

wrazz

It's probably better you didn't. It was a really bad idea for a tattoo and you would have looked stupid, oh fuck I didn't mean stupid I just meant you would look like a douchebag.

Look at you, living up to what it is I had gone and assumed about the people here.

Yeah dude, totally bad idea. I'll keep that in mind next time I want to get a chimpanzee with a crown and cross bones.

hey @wrazz ... just wondering if you ended up getting a tattoo... whether it was something discussed here or not. it kinda sounded like you already had an idea in your head, which is a hard place for folks on the interwebs to get into. most of the folks on here are just wrazzing you. don't take it too personal. but yeah... tattoo? yes?

Thanks for gracing us with your presence again.

Just because you didn't get the advice you wanted, didn't meant it wasn't good advice. Some of us went out of our way to be courteous and helpful when faced with an obviously misguided poster.

Here's another piece of advice: Go fuck yourself with a barbed-wire dildo. We still don't work for you.

Thanks for gracing us with your presence again.

Just because you didn't get the advice you wanted, didn't meant it wasn't good advice. Some of us went out of our way to be courteous and helpful when faced with an obviously misguided poster.

Here's another piece of advice: Go fuck yourself with a barbed-wire dildo. We still don't work for you.

Advice? haha, what advice did I get?

Besides the obvious no brain "DO YOU BRO". May have been more elaborate & all, but that's all I got really.

I wasn't looking for people to tell me what I should get, I was looking for those with experience in the tattoo business, and those that have been doing tattoos for however long that they have been to help guide someone through the process of coming up with a tattoo and helping with a goddamn seed of an idea.

Here's a piece of advice: Just because you don't work for someone, doesn't mean you can't show them the respect you would if you did. So chill the fuck out, stop acting like you were raised in a fucking barn.

hey @wrazz ... just wondering if you ended up getting a tattoo... whether it was something discussed here or not. it kinda sounded like you already had an idea in your head, which is a hard place for folks on the interwebs to get into. most of the folks on here are just wrazzing you. don't take it too personal. but yeah... tattoo? yes?

I haven't yet, I've scratched the original idea and I'm starting anew. I was over-thinking it, still sort of am.

All those that I've talked to about tattooing, and getting a tattoo have instilled the idea of "GET SOMETHING YOU KNOW YOU'LL NEVER REGRET", so I've been living off of that. Even though, I've realized if I base a tattoo off of that I will regret it because goddamn, I would be trying way too hard to think of something.

Anyways, I'm looking to get something on my forearm within the next couple weeks. Still not completely sure, but I feel an idea growing somewhere.

everyone's different and tattoos are for each individual. i'm sure lots of folks think thru their first tattoo long and hard, while others might just get whatever's on the wall, on a whim. the "do you" advice is really the best advice there is, because no one else is wearing the tattoo but you... however, i believe the artist's advice should also be taken into account... at least artistically, but not necessarily with regards to the subject.

i can't remember which interview it was in, but some artist said that you start off super serious and picky about your tattoos, then you just start to get whatever... just to fill up space... then, once you're out of space, it comes full circle and you have to be serious and super picky again to make sure you really get what you want.

Wrazz, you live in Chicago, here's a thought. Go on down to Chicago Tattoing COmpany on Belmont just west of B'way, and take a look through the flash, paintings, script samples, and so forth that they have there. If you see something remotely interesting, you could start there, or ask to speak to one of the artists, Nick Colella and Mario Desa, Mike Dalton, they're all outstanding, and I'm sure they'll work with you to come up with something you'll be proud to have.

Wrazz, you live in Chicago, here's a thought. Go on down to Chicago Tattoing COmpany on Belmont just west of B'way, and take a look through the flash, paintings, script samples, and so forth that they have there. If you see something remotely interesting, you could start there, or ask to speak to one of the artists, Nick Colella and Mario Desa, Mike Dalton, they're all outstanding, and I'm sure they'll work with you to come up with something you'll be proud to have.

What he said.

Look at you, living up to what it is I had gone and assumed about the people here.

Yeah dude, totally bad idea. I'll keep that in mind next time I want to get a chimpanzee with a crown and cross bones.

I will keep this in mind the next time I travel back in time to 1995 when people actually got sun tattoos. Honestly I think the only reason I didn't chime up earlier is because you were acting like a tool when people were trying to help you, so people stopped, then it just became a joke. There are plenty of people that get the help they need when getting a tattoo, you just have to be willing to listen to people's advice. The few who don't end up in threads like this. The advice in the last post is the same advice you have been getting since you first came on here, you just don't want to hear it. Once you get your first tattoo it will be a lot easier to pick them, that is if you ever get that stick out of your ass.

Advice? haha, what advice did I get?

Reread the thread, you got all kinds of advice, some of it joking, but a lot of specific ideas. You just didn't get the advice you wanted.

I wasn't looking for people to tell me what I should get, I was looking for those with experience in the tattoo business, and those that have been doing tattoos for however long that they have been to help guide someone through the process of coming up with a tattoo and helping with a goddamn seed of an idea.

Read below, it contradicts what you just posted.

Anyone have any good advice/ ideas I can throw around & brain storm with?"

Sounds like you already knew what you wanted.

I don't want a cross, a skull, a tiger head, or any type of "give that a go you might like it" design. I was thinking about the banner being wrapped around a sun

Stopped checking up on this shit forum since this thread.

Oh, fuck. Didn't exactly mean shit forum, just the large majority of people that post in it, are shitty people.

Anyways, no. No I didn't.

can't tell if trolling, @Bubbleberry, or just another internet know it all.

side note- how did I never see this thread until now???

I haven't yet, I've scratched the original idea and I'm starting anew. I was over-thinking it, still sort of am.

All those that I've talked to about tattooing, and getting a tattoo have instilled the idea of "GET SOMETHING YOU KNOW YOU'LL NEVER REGRET", so I've been living off of that. Even though, I've realized if I base a tattoo off of that I will regret it because goddamn, I would be trying way too hard to think of something.

Anyways, I'm looking to get something on my forearm within the next couple weeks. Still not completely sure, but I feel an idea growing somewhere.

Since you are looking for advice I will offer mine. Whether you like it or not that is up to you and I don't need any critiquing on the advice provided henceforth.

First, it is your first tattoo so it is a big deal to you. I get it, I was there (we all were there) at one point. While it does seem like a big deal now, afterwards you will look back and realize you over thought it.

Second, set expectations correctly. You are getting tattooed, and images do not translate from paper to skin very well in my opinion. One is a 3-dimensional living organ, the other is a 2-dimensional piece of paper. I did not fully comprehend this until after I got my first tattoo.

Third, instead of researching on the internet go out into the real world. A lot of people (me included) relied heavily on the internet, magazines or "friends". While researching is a good thing for sure, it is only the start of the journey. You are only at the very infancy of your tattoo journey right now. Find a shop in your area (or out of it if you are up to it) and go there.

Fourth, talk to a real live tattoo artist. If you want the best opinion on getting your first tattoo, the person that would be applying it is bar-none the best person to get advice from. Even if you talk to a really good artist, this doesn't mean all that much unless he is putting on the tattoo. Tattoo artists are a varied bunch, simply due to them being human. They all have their own style, limitations, ideas, and imaginations. This is the reason people are saying "Just do it already".

Fifth, when people say they don't work for you here, it's because they don't work for you. Instead of firing off insults, first look at it from their perspective. You joined a community of people and without adding to the community you just fired off a question. This question has been covered time and time again. I personally have learned much from this forum and it has answered questions I never had in the first place, making me a better informed customer. Posting up a question without any bit of due-diligence researching is rude. I find it similar to walking into a clubhouse and shouting "HOW DO YOU GET KILLER TATZ?", instead of mingling with the club members and learning, after which you can formulate a proper question.

Finally, you have insulted members of this community. You responded similarly to a child not getting their way. You asked for an opinion/advice and did not get the answer you wanted so you resorted to uneducated responses, insults and general ass-hattery. If you follow my advice that is great, and I hope it helps you on your way. If you continue to throw "internet temper tantrums", please just keep it to this thread as I enjoy the rest of the community discussions too much as they are without random insults.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you just failed to see through the sarcasm and "rib poking" to see there was an abundance of advice offered, so this is why I forumlated this response in almost novel form.

I thought "raised in a barn" meant you violating something related to physical politeness and propriety. Like...

"Take your hat off before dinner! You weren't raised in a barn."

I was kinda raised in a barn when I was a kid, though.

The sun tattoo thing with words under it will just remind everybody of Raisin Bran With Two Scoops, though. Or Sublime.