Lurker turned member

Cassandra

Hello. I'm nineteen and pretty much a tattoo newbie. I have only one so far, done by an apprentice artist. If anyone wants to take the time to check it out and give me their thoughts that would be cool. Judging by the comments I've read and the amazing tattoos I've seen on here you won't be super impressed by it, but I would like the input. I have a thick skin, so don't worry about my feelings (not that you would. This being the internet and all :D). Anyway, I am enjoying learning about quality tattoos and artists and can't wait to get more!

Obviously, being done by an apprentice artist, there are some technical issues going on with the piece, but, I'd be hard pressed to find anyone on here that doesn't have at least one regrettable and/or covered tattoo. Getting tattooed is very much a learning process, sometimes you make a few mistakes to get into the really good shit, that is unless your Dad is Mike Rubendall or something.

Hey doll.....welcome to the forum!

You have the unique opportunity that most 19 year-old's don't seem to have.....you have stumbled onto a forum with people who can guide you in the right directions.....IF you let them!

I was very fortunate to have good friends, in the craft of tattooing, who guided me and when I started getting tattooed and it's why I have been blessed with the collection I have.......soak it all in and please ask people, as you have done, and you will have a canvas of beautiful work on you!

Welcome Cassandra...Some apprentices are better than other's...I would say don't get anymore work from this person for now.I think the tattoo doesn't fit such a big part of your body.You could have gotten them on your wrist,or ankle.The red ribbon looks like spaghetti twirled around the pink ribbon.It's just not a well done tattoo.I know tattoos can be expensive,but it's better to save and get one really good tattoo,than get a few bad ones for cheap.Did you pay for this?

And i'm sure someone can recommend a good artist for you.What state do you live in?

I did pay for it. $100. I'll take responsibility for the size of it. He wanted to go bigger, but I didn't know if i could take that pain (ha) and I didn't know how it would turn out if I worn a bra over it while it was healing and no way was I going bra-less for two weeks. I won't be getting more from him anytime soon since he's now my ex-boyfriend, but I appreciate the advice :). I live in Iowa and would love to hear your guy's rec's. I hear good things about Joshua Fields, but his style didn't really strike me.

I am definitely going to add to it since I agree that it doesn't fill the space as well as it should. Thanks for the input!

Edit: This was @Scott R. didn't see the respond with quote option.

What i meant was that's a big area of your body to fill with just two ribbons.You could of had them done smaller,and put them on a part of your body like your ankle,wrist/forearm,or shoulder blade.Go to a good tattooer to see if they can redo that for you.Here's some shops to check out...

Neon Dragon Tattoo and Body Piercing in Hiawatha Cedar Rapids Iowa

BIGFOOT TATTOO

Sacred Diamond Tattoos

tattooing by rabbit abby

Iron Heart Tattoo