CBSA - Gang and Prison Tattoos Handbook

I found this pretty interesting publication on gang tattoos and their meanings so I thought I'd share it for those of you who are interested in that sort of stuff.

Lots of photos in it, some of them actually made me think I should start this thread in the Worst tattoo EVER! section.

Anyway, here's the link - http://info.publicintelligence.net/CBSA-TattooHandbook.pdf

here's the thing about Canada...

most of us do not sound like South Park, the ones who do are fucking hilarious though and get made fun of even by us Canadians..

we do have gang activity. what happens a lot of young people trying to imitate the gangs they see on t.v. shows from the USA. I remember in high school a group of shitty 16 year old white kids claiming to be crips. That lasted about a week and ended when they realized no one believed them or was scared of them hahaha.. but for real, there are scary parts of canada, especially in the larger cities like Toronto, Winnipeg and Vancouver. There are areas of those cities that I (as a skinny white chick) would not go to alone late at night. We also have the problem sometimes of south american immigrants who are gang members coming to Canada to chill for a bit when shit gets too real wherever they were at previously. It seems like since this was put out by the border control they are likely trying to cut down on immigrants who may be criminals in another country from entering Canada

There is also heavy motorcycle gang activity in Canada, especially ontario which has a few different border crossings to the USA.

You're kinda forgetting about a little place called "Montreal" ;-)

It was the heart of the biggest biker war the country (if not the world, including the Scandinavian mess a few years ago) has ever seen. I was working as a Harley mechanic there at the time. That was...interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
I found this pretty interesting publication on gang tattoos and their meanings so I thought I'd share it for those of you who are interested in that sort of stuff.

Lots of photos in it, some of them actually made me think I should start this thread in the Worst tattoo EVER! section.

Anyway, here's the link - http://info.publicintelligence.net/CBSA-TattooHandbook.pdf

Dropped this into my proposal for English. Thanks for the post!

• 4 months later...
  • 9 years later...

Actually I am canadian and they used one of my pictures in this handbook without my permission.  I have been back and forth with them about removing it.  F***ing dirtbags

On 4/11/2012 at 5:57 PM, Ursula said:

There is also heavy motorcycle gang activity in Canada, especially ontario which has a few different border crossings to the USA.

On 4/14/2012 at 1:44 AM, PhilB said:

You're kinda forgetting about a little place called "Montreal" 😉

It was the heart of the biggest biker war the country (if not the world, including the Scandinavian mess a few years ago) has ever seen. I was working as a Harley mechanic there at the time. That was...interesting.

On 5/10/2012 at 9:02 PM, Dan S said:

Minor correction...

Motorcycle CLUBS.

There is many organized crime groups operating within Canada.  There are Italian alot of families are fighting, the bikers, and some puppet gangs and now Mexican cartels working up here.  Canada is a safe haven for organized crime.  Simply put there is more here then in the United States and they run alot of the government here...