Job/Work realted tattoos.

I tried searching and didn't find anything on this subject. Does anyone else have tattoos about what they do for a living? I've seen lots of guys with tattoos of their trade and/or union at work and I've seen tattoo artists with tattoo machines on them. I got this after finishing my 5 year apprenticeship and becoming a journeyman (without missing a single night of class). This picture was taken probably the day after it was done about 2 years ago. I tried taking a new one but getting a decent picture of the back fo your calf is harder than I thought haha. Tattoo done by Ernie Ortiz who is now working at Black Dagger Tattoo Lounge in Vacaville, California.

i have one sewing related tattoo, it's a rose with a skeleton hand coming out holding a sewing needle. it was done in 2009 by richard stell.

i used to be in a female fighting league and always toyed with the idea of getting a tattoo related to that, maybe my stage name or something (it was Ursula Anvil) or maybe a tattoo of a gold wrestling unitard as that was my costume's main piece.

i've seen lots of tattooers with tattoos of tattoo machines (how many times can i say tattoo in a sentence haha).

Thats a lot of line work.

yea not only would it be a bad tattoo, I am pretty sure I would get a punch in the face by whoever i ask for such a tedious tattoo....all straight lined boxes with insanely small Times New Roman font inside....a tattooers nightmare?

Back on topic. I personally like to separate my job from the other aspects of my life. It can be fun at times, but it is really just a "pays the bills" type of deal for me.

I work in the music industry, and have a small music related tattoo - In 2004 I got the "Triple J Drum" (Triple J is the leading Youth/Independent radio station in Australia - or it was but thats another story) tattooed live on air for a competition they used to run. I got it before I worked in the industry, but it actually probably helped me to get a foot in the door.

NOW to something that was seemingly overlooked

i used to be in a female fighting league and always toyed with the idea of getting a tattoo related to that, maybe my stage name or something (it was Ursula Anvil) or maybe a tattoo of a gold wrestling unitard as that was my costume's main piece.

Ursula, or should I now say Miss Anvil, You where in a female fighting league???!!! That rocks!!! Please feel free to tell stories ;) and please forgive my ignorance, but when you say fighting league are we talking MMA steez? Or is it more like WWE? (I mean that with no dis either, I just mean does it have story lines etc. I don't consider wrestling 'fake', staged sure but that shit would still hurt which to me equals real enough lol.)

i have one sewing related tattoo, it's a rose with a skeleton hand coming out holding a sewing needle. it was done in 2009 by richard stell.

i've seen lots of tattooers with tattoos of tattoo machines (how many times can i say tattoo in a sentence haha).

Am I the only one who noticed the part where you talk about being in a female fighting league or did everyone else already know. That sounds amazing.

@Duffa www.gopfl.com it was called the Pillow Fight League, more like WWE than MMA. Although one of the girls did end up going to train in MMA, I'm not sure how far she's gone with that. Staged story lines - yes, but they were often built on real things, like i hate this one chick in real life and now you're gonna make up a reason why i have to fight her cause you know it'll be good. When I was in the league the actual fights were 100% NOT scripted. Everything was real, people got hurt, refs were needed and the winner was the winner. After I left things slowly evolved into scripted fights with crazy wrestling like moves. The last time I fought it was super boring and I kept getting stopped by the ref every time I did anything. Unfortunately the league after about 5-6 year run imploded on itself and no longer exists. We almost got a reality type t.v. show but our biggest bidder MTV felt that some of the ladies faces weren't tv friendly. I did however appear on Good Morning America and a show called the International Sexy Ladies Show and some weird show that had a section called "sports that didn't make it to the olympics". Good times while it lasted. OH and the best pillow fighting move ever - push them on their back, put your pillow over their face and start punching!

@David Flores see my reply above! I think a lot of people knew about it when it was happening, but I haven't fought in 2-3 years now and haven't been a full time member of the league for 3-4 so people who've met me since then generally don't know.

@Duffa i should also mention if i tried to fight anyone trained in MMA or even a single martial art or whatever they'd destroy me hahahaha. We had a trainer who ran a BJJ dojo but I don't know any crazy shit like that.

190297_4793121353_506626353_43779_5231_n.jpg

@Ursula - WOW. That is EPIC!!! Apologies but now there are a couple more questions:

Did you beat Boozy Suzy and go on to fight Champain for her title? and if so did you kick her ass? This just sounds all kinds of awesome. Sucks about the douches over at MTV though, thats a little harsh to say the least. And Ursula, if you where ever in a fight, I'm sure if you screamed "I'M URSULA ANVIL" and looked menacing, chicks going to think twice lol

@Duffa

Boozy won, she's the girl who later went on to train in MMA. She also won the belt, and held it without defeat until she retired in part because no one could beat her. She's pretty god damn tough.

About the looking managing, that is half the battle right there. Before each match, while you're waiting for them to yell 'fight' I would glare, real hard, hard as fuck, in the other person's eyes and just try to intimidate them. I feel like it helped a lot and I could usually tell in that few moments if this was going to be an easy one or not.

As far as MTV, I wasn't offended, my name (as far as I know) was never brought up in the 'she's to ugly for tv' convo. Plus that wasn't the whole reason it didn't happen, but a main part. They only wanted the hot or interesting chicks, we wouldn't sign unless they accepted us as is. I did actually end up doing a short thing for MTV that I never saw but have had American friends claim to have seen.

Anyways..............

I know this dude who has "LINE COOK" on his knuckles. Far as I know he doesn't do that job anymore..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm in law school now, and I definitely plan on getting some scales of justice once I pass the bar. Not for a few years yet (I've finished year 1 of 4, I'm in a part time evening program), but I'm looking forward to it. I'm not really into traditional stuff, but with this one I probably will incorporate some more traditional elements to round it out, so its not just a scale. Any ideas for what to do with it are certainly welcome.