Job/Work realted tattoos.

I'm in law school now, and I definitely plan on getting some scales of justice once I pass the bar. Not for a few years yet (I've finished year 1 of 4, I'm in a part time evening program), but I'm looking forward to it. I'm not really into traditional stuff, but with this one I probably will incorporate some more traditional elements to round it out, so its not just a scale. Any ideas for what to do with it are certainly welcome.

That's an easy one...big stack-o-Franklin's on one side of the scale, bars on the other!

• 5 weeks later...

I'm a brewer and while I'm not really interested in a beer-related tattoo on myself, a guy I used to work with got a pretty amazing one: Jesus bleeding beer out of his stigmata into a chalice held by Satan. It was done by Olivier at Glamort in Montreal and is stylistically a bit...uhhhh...French for my tastes but it's well done and the idea is straight-up awesome. The guy moved up north to open a brewpub a few years ago but if and when I see him again I'll try to get a picture of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just recently got a new tattoo that is actually a mob/spell from the game I work on (I'm a game designer). It's still icky and crusty, but here's a picture of it all weepy and hella swollen from the day after I got it done. Color yet to come!

http://www.driversurpriseme.com/?attachment_id=59

Edited by McAstronaut
The picture link is broken. :-(

• 1 year later...
but your avatar... :confused:

Is not on my body.

I love what I do. I love talking about it, writing about it, going to conventions and dissertations. I don't want it on my body. I'm proud of it, but there's a difference.

I have this great pair of Louboutins. Love them. Don't want them tattooed on me.

Not work related, but study related :) I've studied anthropology for 4 years now, and I have a voodoo doll tattooed on me.

No job related to it yet, but I do love anthropology and have a huge fascination for culture, society and religion and their impact on the individual, so it's pretty suiting. If I do end up working with it, I guess it'll be a job related tattoo :p

Im planning on getting crossed shovel/pickaxes. Maybe with the word "provide" in some nice script. Digging + girlfriend = not much spare change for tattoos unfortunately.

I think that the amount of craftsmen in America is decreasing and proud craftsmen are probably the most likely to get tattoos of the tools of their trade. I always liked that idea though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm a professional astronomer in his mid-50s, thinking about getting a modest-sized first/only

(work-related) tattoo. Probably on upper outside arm where even T-shirt would mainly cover it up.

I wanted to do something related to the Apollo program, since that's what inspired me as a kid.

I've come up with a design based on the Apollo 8 logo, I was wondering if people thought

this was practical. I expect some people will suggest much more dramatic designs,

but that's not what I want. :D

Thanks!