Philson's Tattoo

Philson

Hey all, so I am new to this forum (you can see my introduction post I just did) and I recently had a terrible experience with a tattoo. I believe I have been pretty smart in making my decisions as far as what tattoos I get, making sure to do my research on the artist, actually paying the right price as to get the quality of work I expect etc...I also give myself a 3 month rule, once I decide I want the piece I set my date to get it 3 months from that day, and if I still feel the same way about it, I go ahead. I am a sporadic person, but definitely not when it comes to tattoos, I think because my grandfather got a tattoo in the Navy in is youth on a whim and he hated it his entire life and would talk about it frequently...anyways, back to the main point. So I just came to my three month date of my newest tattoo and went in to get it done. The artist checked out, the shop was legitimate, the price for the time/size was just about right...everything seemed great right? We start on the piece which is another 8 bit video game tribute 9see my gallery if you want to see some of my other pieces) So while I am getting the tattoo from the artist (I will not name the shop or artist as I think it is wrong to bash an artist and or shop unless they purposely screwed you over, plus artists have to start somewhere, not everyone is going to be the best artist in the world overnight), his girlfriend/booty call/baby's momma/whatever comes screeching off the street in her car and plowed through the front of the shop!! It happened so abruptly that the artist jumped and his hand slipped drawing this scattered, crooked line due to the movement of his hand. So now I am sitting here with a tattoo that is maybe 25-30% done and 8-bit so the lines have to be perfectly straight in order for it to look good, and there is this botched "line" if you want to call it that, where the artist's hand slipped while the motor was running so it looks like Morse code cause the needled traveled across my arm and botched it. So to get even better, the artist completely turned his attention to this crazy girl that had just driven her car through the front of the shop!!! She gets out of the car and starts screaming bloody murder and of course the artist begins to yell back! They were yelling your baby this and cheating on me that etc...so I am sitting her like "uuuhhh hey man, are you going to at least say something about that line that completely just ruined the tattoo!?" This is when everything got really out of hand! She straight up linebacker tackled the artist and they began to get into a scuffle. I am sitting there in complete awe of what I am seeing all while looking at this tattoo that looks pretty good thus far on one side, then the other side is clean, up until the giant line due to the car crashing through the shop. I was so confused and flustered I did not know what to do and I did not want to wait around but also I did not want to not pay the guy (I feel that would go against my integrity, because hey, it wasn't really his fault, well not directly at least) so I left $75 on the counter and got out of there. We were the only ones in the shop so it's not like I could really resolve the situation with someone else. I have called the guy multiple times since and no answer and he is no longer working at the shop (I really hope this chick didn't go postal on him!) So the situation I am in now is that many artists do not want to finish the work because a decent amount of the outline is done, but this line is horrendous! It completely ruins the original idea because now I have to have someone use that existing line and work it into the piece. I know it is not that big of a deal, but to me I wanted it to be a complete reproduction of the piece, now I know I am going to have to slightly modify it. On top of the, with the 8-bit work, having the lines be perfectly straight is what makes the tattoo...I have no idea how someone could fix this to make it straight (although I am not a coverup artist so I am sure there are many geniuses out there that could do it...I just need to find one...I live in the Los Angeles area, any suggestions would be soooo appreciated! It sucks because all my pieces, as I said earlier, are perfect in my eyes...this tattoo kills me to look at as I feel it takes away from the others... Does anyone else have any crazy mess up stories that are like this or...if possible...crazier!? I would have started a new forum in regards to this, but I am new to the community so I cannot post new threads...yet :) I apologize to the OP...I only posted in here because I have people suggest having the messed up line Laser removed then finish it properly...thoughts? I will post pictures later tonight or tom morning of this craziness. BTW, can't wait to start really being a part of this community, hopefully I have found a new home!

I do not know what to say in response to that. I am in awe just reading that craziness. I will say that without seeing the tattoo laser would be a good option, however I am not sure how well it would work for just taking a line out of a tattoo. You may be better off getting the entire outline removed and starting from scratch. Just be wary that after laser you have to wait at least three months to get a tattoo in the lasered spot.

Yikes dude. I don't know man, that's tough. Tattoos aren't perfect as they are done by human beings, who aren't perfect. But, you are going for a distinct look and feel, so it doesn't sound like you're gonna be too happy either way. Let it heal. Try not to fret too much, and then go to Jinx Proof ^^^^^^ and get it lasered off! Ok, you might now need to go to DC, but you'd probably be happier getting it removed and then starting fresh.

Thanks everyone for your input...I guess I have to agree with jinxproof and say it def. is good to have it as far as having the story...maybe I have a new perspective on keeping it the way it is haha... Neondino, I will try and take a photo of it after work tonight or tomorrow and post it.

Wow that story is insane. :eek: Do you by any chance have a photo? (Hearing your description, I'm just super curious!)

Here is the tattoo...Link has a limp sword :( I know it is not that bad, but i would just have to have that lasered off I guess...I just hate having one piece that is not complete, an it is supposed to be in full 8-bit color (SNES Link sprite). here it is: aauus.jpg I know the story is much better than the results, I'm glad the damage was minimal, but still surprised the slide of his hand was able to create a line that long! Dude was tripping when she busted in and DUG into my skin, if you see it close up or higher res. the first point where he derived to botch it has some scarring under it cause it went straight through the epidermis...So you guys really think just laser off that part of the tattoo? How many sessions would you guys estimate that is? Cost as well?? Anything at all would be greatly appreciated!!

The artist also was clearly using tight rounds and the needle grouping of the needle bar was rather large since we were doing the 8-bit therein causing a much thicker line than if he were to be using a smaller grouping or (I wish) a single needle...

Holy...crap! That story is unreal! I know you were talking about getting just that part lasered off, which could be a good idea, but sometimes i know it will leave the skin a little rough, especially since you mentioned that it has some scarring under the tattoo where his hand jumped . Do you have an image of what the final piece was going to be?? Maybe you can compensate, you would be very surprised what some of the great artists come up with that you would have never thought of using the existing...do I dare say line(s)?. I know you are set on keeping it true to the original image, but in this case you are going to have to make a sacrifice one way or another if that is what you truly want. Ironically enough I had someone ask me in public the other day if I had anything I wanted to get covered up for a TV show and they said a lot of great Los Angeles artists are taking partaking in it, I saw you mentioned you lived in LA so maybe go for that? I do not remember what the show was called or details off hand...but I will see if I can find the business card the girl gave me with the website. She said also that the show was going to be doing "dramatizations" like re-enacting the story of how you got the tattoo...i would pay YOU to see that story recreated on TV! Can you imagine that! Having them do the recreation of that crazy girl driving through the front of the shop...that would be classic! Since I was unable to see it happen in person, at least let me live vicariously through your story! Anyways...that is my two cents...Cheers Mate!!

Just me or did anyone else notice the tattoo in the photo looks totally fake and just photoshopped on there?

if you can post a larger photo with better definition i'll take back my comment....

As of now however, I call fake.

i've been thinking the same thing since i started reading the story... photo tended to enhance that feeling. it almost seems like this thread was a roundabout way to try and promote that casting call.

well the story sounds completely fabricated to me. So, I did a google search for tattoo shop car accidents in California and came up with none. There was a shop in Ohio where a female former employee ran her can into the shop on purpose. I do believe this is a completely made up story and so is the tattoo.

Get a life trolls.

I also like how he says 'look at my profile to see my other ink' or something like that. He has no photos on his profile.

yeah cause they deff came back to stick up for themselves like a normal person who isn't talking pure bullshit does.... oh wait.....

Victrious also has no photos and barely any posts and has disappeared since...

Ban Hammer anyone??

Who's a musician here? You guys need to start a band called Ban Hammer... or just start the band the LSTs and make us a youtube video for your first song "Ban Hammered" so we can post it in situations like this....

Here is the tattoo...Link has a limp sword :( I know it is not that bad, but i would just have to have that lasered off I guess...I just hate having one piece that is not complete, an it is supposed to be in full 8-bit color (SNES Link sprite). here it is: aauus.jpg I know the story is much better than the results, I'm glad the damage was minimal, but still surprised the slide of his hand was able to create a line that long! Dude was tripping when she busted in and DUG into my skin, if you see it close up or higher res. the first point where he derived to botch it has some scarring under it cause it went straight through the epidermis...So you guys really think just laser off that part of the tattoo? How many sessions would you guys estimate that is? Cost as well?? Anything at all would be greatly appreciated!!

So.. there are a few things that don't quite add up here, not to mention the "tattoo" looks photoshopped. Also, I don't see any other tattoos and there are no other photos in your gallery. What's the deal dude?