Hilarious and/or awful drawings that never got made into tattoos

This comes after a comment Julio made: "this guy rolled through the shop in san jose once. kinda rockabilly type with is rockabilly girl. he did have a mustache and goatee going on. but under the mustache you could see he had a mustache TATTOOED on him!!!!!!! it was kinda in the shape of the pringles guy.

he wanted a day of the dead sugar skull of him and his girl with a dagger. i drew one with the silly mustache. he never came back to get it tattooed. i think i offended him with the funny mustache on the skull that represented him."

There have gotta be more folks holding on to drawings like this that never happened!

a buddy of mine came up for the afternoon one day so we were trying to throw something together real quick and he and his family were throwing out ideas and we can up with a cholo hot dog throwing a thumbs up and a mustard bottle in the other hand with some script that said "eat me". he son told me to add "a weiner" on it...which we did and then erased. it's pretty rad, but he baile don the idea but i still have the drawing waiting...

a buddy of mine came up for the afternoon one day so we were trying to throw something together real quick and he and his family were throwing out ideas and we can up with a cholo hot dog throwing a thumbs up and a mustard bottle in the other hand with some script that said "eat me". he son told me to add "a weiner" on it...which we did and then erased. it's pretty rad, but he baile don the idea but i still have the drawing waiting...

i think a picture is needed for this...

• 2 years later...

I have a thick file of artwork I drew that people never got. Sometimes I will pin it up on my board at the shop and someone sees it and wants it! But really, I want to make a book of client art and sketches, then a picture of what the tattoo turned into. I appreciate clients attempting to get what's in their head out on paper, but man oh man, we see some funny stuff.