Why?

Reyeslv

The guy I'm thinking of had a tattoo he wanted to add to, on the cheap. First he wanted to save money, then he had money, then he starts listing all of his expensive toys. Even though there are a lot of great shops not to far from him, he goes to someplace close and gets an "adequate" tattoo, but his amazing artist forgets to do the eagles eye.

I just don't get people. You're putting something on your skin that you'll probably have your whole life and you're worried about having to take time to find a good shop and drive an hour or two. You have to look at it every day; take the time and spend the money.

Fucked up priorities... will bite you on the ass every time. And how much more does it cost to have a quality piece done? Unless you're going to a kitchen magician. I just make the appt at my usual shop, come with a pocket full of $$$ and it takes what it takes.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
@Hogrider your talking about the usmc dude from san diego I believe. he could only spend xx amount because he had all these other toys. I think he left after getting the tattoo and LST said it was ok but he could have had much better if he listened.

was that the guy with the $1500 bicycle, etc that said he couldn't spend more than 300 on a tattoo because it would put his family in a bad financial situation?

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I always get a good laugh when someone asks how much did it cost/who did it and you tell them you've travelled for the work to which they reply with "Oh, I've got a buddy who would've done that for like $200". :rolleyes:

My friend did this to me about my snake tattoo. She said I spent way too much and that she and her bf went to this place and she got a tattoo on discount and he got a free one since it was Halloween or something. She then mentioned the one on her foot was cheap but she needed it redone cuz the guy didn't do it right LOL She DOES have smaller tattoos which would contribute to the cut in cost but she was all proud how she only spent the max of $150 on a medium size tattoo on her back. I can easily now tell how much a tattoo was worth cuz a lot of people's don't look so great. Who knows if they took care of it properly too but having them stand next to someone with higher quality tattoos, the difference is VERY clear. A tattoo is not a tattoo, they are all not created equally

What are people's thoughts on specials? Like not just straight up discounting, but for example there's a shop in my town that did $13 tattoos on friday the 13th if you picked one of their small '13' inspired tattoos from a flash sheet. I've also seen a lot of tattoo artists draw up something and offer, say on instagram, a cheaper deal on the tattoo if anyone wants it because they really want to tattoo it.

What are people's thoughts on specials? Like not just straight up discounting, but for example there's a shop in my town that did $13 tattoos on friday the 13th if you picked one of their small '13' inspired tattoos from a flash sheet. I've also seen a lot of tattoo artists draw up something and offer, say on instagram, a cheaper deal on the tattoo if anyone wants it because they really want to tattoo it.

http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/general-tattoo-discussion/4088-how-do-these-special-tattoo-days-work.html