Tom Gabel is actually a woman on the inside.

Tight-Lines

Time for me to become the reactionary right wing this-motherfucker-doesn't-even-have-a-tattoo-yet douchebag...

That stuff is really gross to me. It crosses a line that other sexual fetishes don't for me. It bothers me in a way that homosexuality/lesbianism and transvetism doesn't.

It just grosses me out. And to do this to the woman you married? Come on! That is totally wrong!

@Hunter Morrow - I'm simultaneously impressed and appalled by your audacity. I can really only speak for myself here - but one of things I love about LST is the variety of opinions expressed and the (generally) courteous manner in which differences are handled. Having said that...

It is really a bummer to see such a base and judgmental comment here.

@Hunter Morrow...First, I think a person's ability to approach and speak of others with dignity and respect is a lot more telling than their gender (chosen/changed or otherwise) and given the choice, I'd much prefer to grab a drink with someone who makes their choices and faces the unkind world as they've chosen to live than someone spewing judgement, ridicule and hate. Second, how people identify themselves isn't an act against another person. He didn't do this *to* his wife. Third, fetishes are about sex not gender -- sex is something you do, gender is something you are. Or, more succinctly, "People care too much about other people's dicks/cunts." ( @Ursula)

@Hunter Morrow

what you do to yourself every morning in the shower would probably gross me out but WHO CARES.

HOW IN THE SWEET FUCK CAN YOU CARE ABOUT THE DICK OF SOMEONE YOU WILL NEVER MEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weird bugs gross me out, so I just ignore them and pretend they aren't there. Or I take a minute to realize nothing bad will come of that weird florida bug I've never seen before creeping on my front door and just let it do it's thing, dick or no dick.

And to do this to the woman you married? Come on! That is totally wrong!

The fact that she's still his wife leads me to believe that she doesn't feel anything was done to her. If she had such a problem with it, like you clearly do, they wouldn't be married anymore. I'd think that "my husband doesn't want to be a dude anymore" is pretty good grounds to get a divorce approval.

Somehow that strikes me as an odd thing to say on a tattoo forum.

from their last post, i lving4today means that other people being close minded towards someone making that decision is what they take issue with, not the person making said decision. the quoted section seems a bit poorly worded, like saying "i'm going to go juggle chainsaws and mow the lawn." could be one after the other, could be both simulaneously. either way, i want to observe this lawn care routine.

also, who cares what grosses anyone out? if it's not hurting someone or detrimental to someone's well being, let them be who they are. it's not like a switch flipped in his mind one morning when he made this decision. it's probably been years and years in the making, didn't come easy, and probably led to a lot of confusion for himself and his loved ones. and, in the end, he'll still be surrounded by loves ones who understand and care for him. if the choices are being happy with your life and losing a few friends and family members that don't understand, OR living in abject misery and confusion for the rest of your days to make those judgemental friends and family members happy, which would be the better choice for all involved?

it's better to be honest and find out who your true loved ones are than to live behind a mask of lies to please someone else.

@smiling.politely -- I see now. I misunderstood. Yeah, after the fact I thought someone might think I was only highlighting the (perceived) bad. Really I was just saying that one thing was odd, clearly the rest wasn't. My mistake.

As to your post, right on. It can't be an easy decision to reach, much less to make publicly and with a wife. You really find out who's behind you when you choose a path that polarizing -- whether it should be or not.

Transgender is not a fetish.

I will not go on too long about this though if anyone is interested do some research on how doctors determine if a baby is a "boy" or a "girl" at birth. Plus the stuff on the surgeries when a baby/child doesn't fit "our" prescribed genital measurements at birth and how they are assigned a sex. It is all rather scary stuff.

Bottomline I support anyone who wishes to be them if it makes them happy rather than trying to live an unhappy life that society will deem "normal". I work in psychology and do lots of work with LGBTQ individuals including policy and advocacy....there is no normal as everyone is unique so the DSM can really do more harm than not (we all can actually meet one or many of the clusters). We have similarities sometimes but each person has their own etiology from experience to language to development so to subscribe to a "norm" is to sell your life short.

Thats all, carry on

You're appalled by me but an overwhelming majority of the entire world would reject a married man having a sex change operation. Put it to a Gallup poll and see how the cards come down.

If I'm close-minded I believe that at least on this issue the majority of the people in this thread are so "open-minded" that they've let dangerous nonsense into their heads.

I won't press the issue or "troll" or anything like that. But I just felt I needed to get my thoughts on the matter out.

If I'm close-minded I believe that at least on this issue the majority of the people in this thread are so "open-minded" that they've let dangerous nonsense into their heads.

Holy. Shit.

Excuse me while I get my jaw off the floor.

You're appalled by me but an overwhelming majority of the entire world would reject a married man having a sex change operation. Put it to a Gallup poll and see how the cards come down.

I won't press the issue or "troll" or anything like that. But I just felt I needed to get my thoughts on the matter out.

Well let's just say that it's a damn good thing it's Tom Gabels decision and no one else's.

Maan you have got the fear good. You speak for the majority of the whole world lol . Thats hillarious . Whats next burning crosses?

What's a poll have to do with it? look back in history, public opinion would have (and has) said that owning other humans like livestock is fine, withholding women's right to vote is fine, killing people for their land is fine. Numbers are bullshit and mob rule doesn't make anything right. If embracing differences and backing people bold enough to be themselves in a world full of people that would rather see them dead than happy is dangerous nonsense, then watch out. I'm a world class threat...and I will press the issue.