Chris Conn is back!

Ursula

Plus Conn is better than pretty much all the others mentioned..

After reading what @MadeIndelible posted from Conn's blog I totally get the $500 an hour thing now. It sounds like he'd putting a fuck of a lot more work, and personal energy and time into each and every person and their tattoo.

I still do not plan on buying one for myself, but I have talked to my man about buying him one for a wedding gift.

For me personally, there's a tattoo from a specific person in California that I've been wanting for longer than I've known who Chris Conn is, so again for me, getting that will be a better use of tattoo money than getting tattooed by Conn. However, I feel like buying my dude a tattoo from Conn for our wedding is a better deal than spending that money on two plane tickets to say Hawaii, so I can sit around on a beach bored as fuck for a week (which is the only honeymoon type destination i can go to since I'm not allowed to leave the country).

Plus Conn is better than pretty much all the others mentioned..

After reading what @MadeIndelible posted from Conn's blog I totally get the $500 an hour thing now. It sounds like he'd putting a fuck of a lot more work, and personal energy and time into each and every person and their tattoo.

I still do not plan on buying one for myself, but I have talked to my man about buying him one for a wedding gift.

For me personally, there's a tattoo from a specific perin California that I've been wanting for longer than I've known who Chris Conn is, so again for me, getting that will be a better use of tattoo money than getting tattooed by Conn. However, I feel like buying my dude a tattoo from Conn for our wedding is a better deal than spending that money on two plane tickets to say Hawaii, so I can sit around on a beach bored as fuck for a week (which is the only honeymoon type destination i can go to since I'm not allowed to leave the country).

Well if you guys will be in LA, you can go to Venice beach which is awesome, and not. as muggy or miserable as Hawaii

I've been to Hawaii before as well, about 12 years ago. The weather was nice but it was pretty boring. It didn't seem like there was much to do. I'm not into surfing or beaching and I've seen the rainbow trees already... It was just an example though, you guys get my point.

And as far as all great artists putting that much into each tattoo, that's totally untrue. He's dedicating his entire day to you, he wants to speak to you in person before he even agrees to tattoo you, just to see if you're cool. He wants to give you a design that reflects your life and not just the open spot you have to fill.

I don't know one other tattooer that's doing all that for each and every tattoo.

When I was there it was the mecca but not what I'd call paradise .

Yeah not paradise at all, but it's such a cultural place and has a pretty nice beach, and something to do for everyone. The LA area has so much to do though, that if you were to go there for the tattoos you'd have a lot to do vacation wise as well.

I have not...
Yeah not paradise at all...

I'm confused...

Anyways, some people want to pick an image off the wall for $150 an our while some want their life story poured into their tattoo for $500. Whatever floats your boat, right?

Some would think its crazy to sporadically pick an image off the wall and have it permenantly tattooed on their body with out prior planning while others would think its silly to get a personalized tattoo according to the vibe the artist picks up from the client.

Personally I want what I like and I'm willing to pay for it, end of story...

I'm confused...

Anyways, some people want to pick an image off the wall for $150 an our while some want their life story poured into their tattoo for $500. Whatever floats your boat, right?

Some would think its crazy to sporadically pick an image off the wall and have it permenantly tattooed on their body with out prior planning while others would think its silly to get a personalized tattoo according to the vibe the artist picks up from the client.

Personally I want what I like and I'm willing to pay for it, end of story...

I was talking about Venice when I said not paradise at all.

There is more to getting tattooed than the final product. Chris Conn has earned his right to charge what he wants, Handing over $1000 for a two hour hand tattoo doesn't sound unreasonable to me especially considering you have him booked for the day. If you missed out getting something from Conn before he quit then now is your chance, who knows how long he will be around for. I would jump on it but thats me and I dig his stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...