RIP Marty Stitches

CultExciter

I lost a friend over the weekend. Marty was brilliant and he was also a mess. He told stories that were almost never true, but he also had a kind and empathetic heart. When he listened to you, you knew he was listening. Not sure why I am posting it here...some sort of memento mori, or epitaph? Not sure, I just wanted to let the world know that I loved my friend.

marty.jpg

Obit:

Martin T. TRIBBLE Obituary: View Martin TRIBBLE's Obituary by Daily Press

It's funny. They leave out so much. So much of the crazy shit we did when we were 23 years old. The stupid hardcore bands. The stupid drugs. The stupid nights getting shit-faced on the worst malt-liquor. And repeating it every night over a summer when you had a shit job and you weren't worried about anything else. But, I suppose, it really wasn't stupid at all when you were having fun.

So much of the crazy shit we did when we were 23 years old.

My best friend who lives 10 hours away was over for a rare visit the other night...we've known each other for 25 years. Most of the conversation centered on the ages of 22-24 when we were just raging. Sorry to hear about your loss.