I've won the US Lottery

jade1955

Apparently

I recieved this email today. I won't bore you with the whole thing.

Here's the gist

"Federal Bureau of Investigation

Anti-Terrorist and International Fraud Division.

Federal Bureau Of Investigation.

Seattle, Washington.

ATTN: BENEFICIARY

This is to Officially inform you that it has come to our notice and we have

thoroughly completed an Investigation with the help of our Intelligence

Monitoring Network System that you legally won the sum of $800,000.00 USD from a

Lottery Company outside the United States of America. During our investigation

we discovered that your e-mail won the money from an Online Balloting System and

we have authorized this winning to be paid to you via a Certified Cashier's

Check."

Aren't I the lucky one. All I have to do is send $500 via Western Union/Moneygram to cover fees etc.

Might have some fun with these motherfuckers.

Apparently

I recieved this email today. I won't bore you with the whole thing.

Here's the gist

"Federal Bureau of Investigation

Anti-Terrorist and International Fraud Division.

Federal Bureau Of Investigation.

Seattle, Washington.

ATTN: BENEFICIARY

This is to Officially inform you that it has come to our notice and we have

thoroughly completed an Investigation with the help of our Intelligence

Monitoring Network System that you legally won the sum of $800,000.00 USD from a

Lottery Company outside the United States of America. During our investigation

we discovered that your e-mail won the money from an Online Balloting System and

we have authorized this winning to be paid to you via a Certified Cashier's

Check."

Aren't I the lucky one. All I have to do is send $500 via Western Union/Moneygram to cover fees etc.

Might have some fun with these motherfuckers.

Yeah that's like the time the president of Nirobe contacted me and needy banking info to "transfer" some money to me!!!! They are pond scum!!!!

Not really a funny story around the same subject....

Someone called my grandfather (who's going through chemo for the second time) pretending to be me saying that I was in jail and need 1,500 dollars in order to be bailed out. Since he's not really on his game because of the chemo he went to the bank, got out 1,500 dollars and awaited another phone call saying where to send the money to. He ended up western unioning that shit to Spain. Finally the next day, he calls me and asks me what type of shit I got myself into and why I needed 1,500 dollars. He felt pretty lame when I told him to call the cops and report it.

BUT... I found out that my grandfather would bail me out of jail without explanation... which was pretty great.

I've just set up a phoney googlemail account

I've sent this.

Hi

Many thanks for your email.

Please tell me what else I have to do to claim the money.

I can't believe my luck I've only just inherited £500,000 from my late fathers estate, and now this.

I live in Northern Ireland, will that create any problems as I don't think there are any Branches of the Bank of America, near to where I live?

Best Regards

Mike Brady

The piece of shit has taken the bait. I recieved this email this morning.

Greetings ,

This is Mr. David Oliver, I am the agent in charge of your transaction (EA2948-910) in the amount of $800,000.00 which shall be made payable to you in form of a cashier’s check. The FBI has investigated this transaction and everything has been arranged. Once we receive the required fees for processing this transaction, we shall immediately dispatch the check to your home address via United Parcel Services (UPS) or FedEx.

The required fee of $500.00 is for the following reason:

(1) Cashier's Check Conversion Fee ( Fee for converting the Wire Transfer payment into a Certified Cashier's Check )

The total amount of $500.00 is required to have this entire transaction completed. You are therefore advised to make the payment for $500.00 via Western Union Money Transfer to the following information:

Name of Receiver: David OLIVER

State: London

Test Question: Trust?

Answer: God

Amount to Send: $500.00

Do get back to this office with the following information below after making payment of $500.00 via Western Union Money Transfer

Senders Name:

Senders Address:

Mtcn #/Reference #:

If you are able to make this payment immediately, then your cashier's check will be dispatched in less than 24 hours upon receipt of the payment and you will be contacted with a UPS/FedEx tracking number. Immediately have this done and get back to me ASAP.

My reply.

Hi David

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

I fully understand the fee but it is in US dollars. My most sincerest apologies if I sound a bit stupid but I have never used Western Union before. How would I be able to send a payment in US dollars when my countries currency is Pounds, Stirling?

Also if the cashiers cheque was in US dollars how would I be able to pay that into a UK bank account?

Would it be possible for you to send me the cashiers cheque in Pounds Stirling and if so would this incur further fees.

Sorry for asking all these questions but with so much money I just wouldn't want anything to go wrong.

Kindest regards

Mike

About 2 minutes later I received this. (He/Shes working late. Its gone 11pm in Lagos)

Attn:

Mike

The check would be converted to pounds sterling and you can cash it in any bank in united kingdom because it comes with an FBI guarantee letter, You are advice to send 316 Pounds to the below information

Name of Receiver: David OLIVER

State: London

Test Question: Trust?

Answer: God

Amount to Send: $500.00

If you send the money today and confirmed you get your check in less than 24hrs and it takes 48hrs to fund you account.

Congratulation one more time

David

I'll wait a little while before I send the next email.

I actually got the exact same email yesterday. And another a few months ago. I called the FBI and forwarded the email to an actual agent. lol

I had a look at the FBI website but I didn't think it was worth filling out the form as I don't live in the USA.

Good on you though.

I sent this a couple of minutes ago.

Hi David

Many thanks for your email.

David, please can I ask a question. What is an FBI guarantee letter and can you send me a copy of one please, just for my peace of mind.

It's just that I don't want anything to go wrong when I pay the cheque into my bank account as it is such a large sum of money.

I'm so excited and thankful to God what with my fathers money and now this, all in the matter of a few weeks. Please excuse my ramblings but my head is spinning at the moment. I just cant believe my luck.

I hope you don't mind me asking, David, but are you a real FBI agent? I ask this question because I love anything to do with law enforcement.

My old Grandaddy worked for the Black and Tans, in the Public Relations Dept.

My favourite film of all time is about the FBI. It's called Brokeback Mountain, have you seen it?

Anyway sorry again for all my ramblings.

I'll send the money after I hear back from you.

Warmest regards

Mike

You should tell him that you are waiting to send the $500 because the prince of Nigeria emailed me today and needs your help and he is prepared to release 4,000,000 US dollars and all you had to send him was $3000, but you figured we have time because you have a year to claim the lottery and the check should be coming next week. Talk about good things coming in 3's!

These advance fee scams usually follow this sort of pattern.

I send the money ($500 is not really that much, when you think about it)

The scammer will then contact me, thanking me, but informing me that they've run into some kind problem. And guess what it involves another fee?

And so it goes on.

I've got my own little plan to scam some money out of the scammer.

He/Shes does not appear the sharpest tool in the shed. I've already indicated I would be prepared to pay more for the cashiers check in GBP and the scammer didn't take me up on it.