Regino Gonzales?

flipit

His work speaks for itself.

Well as far as what I seen in black and white it's pretty cool but I haven't seen to much work floating around I wonder why could that be? The only reason why I stated that he could be the best on the east coast is word of mouth, as far as work done I wouldn't have a clue besides those tattoos he has up on his website:confused:

Well as far as what I seen in black and white it's pretty cool but I haven't seen to much work floating around I wonder why could that be? The only reason why I stated that he could be the best on the east coast is word of mouth, as far as work done I wouldn't have a clue besides those tattoos he has up on his website:confused:

RG74 is his instagram account name follow him on there lots of photos. As far as east coast lots of talented tattoo artists.

Yea I have his instagram been following him for a month or so, Thanks I appreciate the comments on this thread. I been lurking (researching) around for someone around my area for a while checking all tattoo forums & blogs. I called Regino at his cell phone hopefully he will get back to me so we could set up a consultation. It's really hard to decide who to go to since this will be my very first tattoo that will be coming out of a actual artist not some one doing it at home. All my tattoos where basically done by hobbyist (no sugar coating) and they look horrible. I totally regret what I have done to my skin but can't go back into time to change that, what I can do is move forward and hopefully get that great artist do work some of his/her magic.I appreciate this forum I am glad to be a part of this community if it wasn't for this forum I would have been still probably getting tattooed by a hobbyists or looking for a cheap way out I truly came to find out your really get what you pay for.

Nice to see TTW chiming in.

Agreed. Get tattooed from people when you like their work. I guarantee the best tattooer in the world (if that that is even possible) is somebody none of us have ever heard of of banging out amazing work day-in and day-out and not giving a good goddamn about whether anyone thinks he/she is the best tattooer.

Regino is a versatile tattooer that does excellent work.But your going from getting tattooed by kitchen magicians,to wanting to go to one of the best tattooers in NYC isn't necessary.I'm not saying don't get tattooed by him,but saying you don't have to go to just one guy,or one shop, to get good work.Sometimes we wan't the best tattooer to do our work,when a really good tattooer could have been enough.

This kind of reminds of me of a guy who walked into the shop awhile back. Basically he just wanted to talk about Lewis Hess from Atlas Tattoo and how good he was and how he was the only one who could pull off the tattoos he would want. That statement I thought was a little much, but I like Lewis' work so I went with it and let him rant a little bit. He showed me his tattoo, yes he only had one, and it wasn't from Lewis. Then out of nowhere he told me how he never cared for the traditional style that came out of a certain shop that my owner just happened to work at for about 10 years before opening this one. I kind of went off on the guy and told him everything I was thinking and I felt bad, because I think he just wanted to feel cool in the tattoo shop and drop some names.

Now I know this thread isn't exactly like my situation, but looking for someone to tell you whether Regino is the best or not is not going to happen, it's just not that cut and dry and if there were any issues people had with his style, it would kind of be in bad taste to do in this thread. Go to Invisible and see what he is all about, and look at his stuff if you still aren't sure, but if your gut tells you he is the guy for you then he probably is.

Well thank you all for your constructive criticism I appreciate that you guy's took the time to chime in to my thread. All I was looking for was a exceptional artist that can handle doing cover-up and also making a amazing tattoo I called & emailed a couple of artists and for the most part they did not deal with coverup's and the ones that did I was not feeling their artistic style. David how would I remind you of a guy that knows of a tattoo artist since I never on this forum stated I know such and such person so I don't get what your saying? I appreciate your thoughts to post on my thread, and state I should go to invincible to seek further assistance, I was already in the grasp of doing that. I was just wondering in simple terms if you guys think he could be the best tattoo artist out of NY or one of the greatest, and maybe point me out to others with the same caliber. Joe thank you for all the information you been the best supportive person on here.

Well thank you all for your constructive criticism I appreciate that you guy's took the time to chime in to my thread. All I was looking for was a exceptional artist that can handle doing cover-up and also making a amazing tattoo I called & emailed a couple of artists and for the most part they did not deal with coverup's and the ones that did I was not feeling their artistic style. David how would I remind you of a guy that knows of a tattoo artist since I never on this forum stated I know such and such person so I don't get what your saying? I appreciate your thoughts to post on my thread, and state I should go to invincible to seek further assistance, I was already in the grasp of doing that. I was just wondering in simple terms if you guys think he could be the best tattoo artist out of NY or one of the greatest, and maybe point me out to others with the same caliber. Joe thank you for all the information you been the best supportive person on here.

I don't think you are trying to be cool or name drop that was a completely different situation. my point is it becomes weird talking about people that work in the same city as you, as many of the people who responded have.

It sounds like some tattooers didn't wan't to take on your tattoo because of some cover-up work that has to be done.You might have to do your part,and make it easier to cover-up those tattoos by getting them lasered a few times.Some tattooers just won't touch doing a sleeve where there's multiple difficult cover-ups to do,because if it doesn't look like a successful job,then they may lose work over it.I'm sure Regino's at a point in his career where he can pick and choose what projects he want's to take on,and if he feels like your's is to difficult,then he may decline.I wouldn't concern myself if someone is one of the best artists in the city,but just find a good artist that you click with,and that's willing to work with you on doing a good tattoo.

this whole best thing just reminded me of joe rogan and mike goldberg. the annoucers for the ufc. everyone they talk about before a fight is the best at something in the world. the best striker to date the best grapler. or one of the best strikers or graplers or what have you. (sorry about the spelling, im in a rush) but i think if you watch mma you know what im talking about. everyones the god damned best its kinda comical

ultimately, unlike fighting, there is no best in tattooing. some guys/girls are relavant for there time period and others are relevant for a bit longer. some styles are hot now and wont be tomorrow. so the "best" will always be presented through a revolving door. not to mention opinion takes president over all things.

Let me chime in here for a second. I have been lucky enough to be tattooed by him twice and watch him tattoo 2 very large tattoos on a friend over the last year or so. My opinion is he is very very good and extremely versatile in style. He has nailed it on tattoos over and over again. I will be going back to him until he stops tattooing or I'm covered (probably the later). This being said, to ask is he the best tattooer is a crappy question. He is by far one of the best I have seen (and been tattooed by) but remember there are also other artists. I highly recommend him but remember NYC has tons of talented guys (Invisible has a chunk of them), and to say is so-and-so the best is a bad question. All that said, I say go for it. I know I am signing up for my next tattoo from him (and the biggest to date).

If you care to see any really colorful pieces he's done check my gallery.

• 6 years later...