• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's funny. I had a conversation with my primary artist who was doing a tiger tattoo on my left hip. I'd like a wolf on my right hip. We were discussing how the old school wolves are the coolest, and both of us found new school rather silly, and it's a piece he'd really like to do. I really look forward to it after reading this thread. Love the wolf with the owl, the wolf with the head in its mouth (though, a tad bloody for my tastes), and the wolf lithographs. Very cool stuff that inspires me after that next tattoo.

The would with the lady hat face is genius!

Searched, and didn't find a thread on wolf tattoos, so I decided to make one.

Daryl Rodriguez, Hold It Down Tattoo:

tumblr_m47aqbIM5g1rp849ko1_500.png

John Reardon:

tumblr_m1wa71Ex0R1qhjkuyo1_500.png

Chad Koeplinger:

chadkoeplinger69.jpg

Jelle:

tumblr_m3g9an2gQ51qjqe2io1_500.jpg

Daniel Trocchio:

tumblr_m2ydbon4Sz1r16gpdo1_500.jpg

Kim-Anh Nguyen-Dinh:

tumblr_m1pmo9AdBY1qk7a60o1_250.jpg

Stefano Cera:

tumblr_m0ldqy1AwP1r9cv53o1_500.png

Clay McCay:

tumblr_m1isqsZlz91qkxndvo1_500.jpg

Erick Lynch:

tumblr_m13cbyhcpb1qk7a60o1_500.jpg

Ron Henry Wells:

tumblr_lxnnehleHR1qku3avo1_500.jpg

Steve Byrne:

tumblr_lvsg03C0Wg1r2m7jgo1_500.jpg

Jef Whitehead:

tumblr_luj1gfmvid1qk7a60o1_500.jpg

• 1 month later...

As I mentioned in my introduction, I love wolf tattoos. I now see that the topic hasn't been updated in a while, but I hope it will soon ( with mine included :) ).

I'm not quite sure what I'm about to get, but yeah, definitely something with a wolf in it!

I can see that most people are into those new school tattoos, but I prefer the old school / more realistic ones.

Hopefully I can get some inspiration here, if this thread eventually gets updated ;)

Hope to post my own piece soon!

• 1 month later...
As I mentioned in my introduction, I love wolf tattoos. I now see that the topic hasn't been updated in a while, but I hope it will soon ( with mine included :) ).

I'm not quite sure what I'm about to get, but yeah, definitely something with a wolf in it!

I can see that most people are into those new school tattoos, but I prefer the old school / more realistic ones.

Hopefully I can get some inspiration here, if this thread eventually gets updated ;)

Hope to post my own piece soon!

I'm assuming that you mean black and grey when you say old school/more realistic?

I do, actually. I was wrong using the terms 'new school' and 'old school', since it's the other way around. Sorry for the confusion, but I can see that you know what I meant.

As for my tattoo, I still haven't got one... My brother got his tats and I can't wait to get mine ;)

I have some ideas lined up, but I'm looking for more pics of how it's going to be in reality, not just the idea.

My ideas:

- A sprinting, little bit agressive wolf with underneath a quote from Jack London ( I'm totally a Jack London fan ... that's where the whole wolf idea came from )

- Face-only tattoo of a wolf, perhaps small text underneath, but not necessarily...

If anyone has some good ideas for the drawings or some remarks, let me know ;) I'd appreciate it.

Greets,

Jake

I do, actually. I was wrong using the terms 'new school' and 'old school', since it's the other way around. Sorry for the confusion, but I can see that you know what I meant.

As for my tattoo, I still haven't got one... My brother got his tats and I can't wait to get mine ;)

I have some ideas lined up, but I'm looking for more pics of how it's going to be in reality, not just the idea.

My ideas:

- A sprinting, little bit agressive wolf with underneath a quote from Jack London ( I'm totally a Jack London fan ... that's where the whole wolf idea came from )

- Face-only tattoo of a wolf, perhaps small text underneath, but not necessarily...

If anyone has some good ideas for the drawings or some remarks, let me know ;) I'd appreciate it.

Greets,

Jake

No worries. Also, as far as drawings and ideas go, those questions should be taken to the Tattooer that will do your wolf.

No worries. Also, as far as drawings and ideas go, those questions should be taken to the Tattooer that will do your wolf.

I really appreciate the honesty at this forum.

I was thinking of taking the idea to a tattooer, but everyone I know that has a tattoo, got an existing design / drawing. The one I want should be drawn specially for me.. I haven't heard of such a place yet... and let's be honest, what tattooer can@wants to make a design ready to be tattooed?

Just some things I was thinking about for a while now... ;)

Greets,

Jake