I really appreciate the honesty at this forum.

I was thinking of taking the idea to a tattooer, but everyone I know that has a tattoo, got an existing design / drawing. The one I want should be drawn specially for me.. I haven't heard of such a place yet... and let's be honest, what tattooer can@wants to make a design ready to be tattooed?

Just some things I was thinking about for a while now... ;)

Greets,

Jake

The way pretty much every tattooer who you see people on this forum getting work from does things is by drawing each tattoo for the individual client. If not, then the tattoo was likely flash. Both are great options, but it seems that for you, you would want a custom black and grey piece. If you let us know where you live, I'm sure a few of us can point you in the right direction.

Someone mentioned a tattooer at my introduction, he has his place in Luxembourg. I checked out his website and seems like a decent tattooer. However, I only saw the 'old school' (this time I mean the coloured ones, not grey/black ) designs at his place.

If you have some good suggestions, I can perhaps look into these shops and decide where to go.

I live in Belgium, since it's not a big country, I have no problems with shops in near countries such as Germany, Netherlands or France. Just a good place will do for me ;)

I really appreciate the effort!

Greets,

Jarrick

Yes, I'm going to get a Black/Grey tattoo of a wolf. The artists should be able to draw the tattoo for me, and as goes for his/her skills, they need to be able to tattoo without this ink pre-lines. I'm not saying they should work always like that, but if necessary, they should be able to. This is some kind of skills measurement for me ;)

Again thanks for the answer!

Greets,

Jake

@JakeWolfSkin A stencil, or lack thereof, is actually not a good way of measuring tattooer skill. Go into the What Makes. a Good Tattoo sticky thread in General Tattoo Discussion, and you will find a great resource.

Perhaps not. I have been looking around as well asking around and I ended upon this place:

Xtremetattoo.be

They seem to be doing it pretty well. They have done some real good tattoos as you can see on their Facebook page/website.

@forum, should I go to another subforum for these type of questions? ( tattooshops etc. ) I don't want to mess up the subforum about wolves...

Thanks again for the responses!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Perhaps not. I have been looking around as well asking around and I ended upon this place:

Xtremetattoo.be

They seem to be doing it pretty well. They have done some real good tattoos as you can see on their Facebook page/website.

@forum, should I go to another subforum for these type of questions? ( tattooshops etc. ) I don't want to mess up the subforum about wolves...

Thanks again for the responses!

It's weird to me that shop would be the one that stood out to you. Honestly next to the stuff people have suggested this stuff looks a little amateur. One of the guys has more of the client in his pictures than the tattoo, and the shading in a lot of these tattoos isn't very smooth and in some cases, not there it's more like black and white than black and grey. All I am saying is if you don't like the suggestions so far I would keep looking.

Hey thanks for your opinion. I have not been looking at this place for a while now, since someone I know had his tattoo done there ( simple text ) and the result was a little (to me a great deal) disappointing. I am now looking into tattoo shops in near countries ( Germany, The Netherlands and France ). I am willing to go far for the tattoo if that means I get a great looking one ;)

As for my designs, I'm not 100% ready and need the help of a tattoeer, but I'm stuck at that...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...