ink trouble

autosdafe

Wow. 2 days, 3 pages and 23 posts since someone (ok, I) suggested you post up. I thought you might be eager to show everyone that this one rare problem was all you were up against. I guess you're just too busy at the shop though. If there's only two of you at the shop and between you this can't be answered, I have to wonder what else may be lacking there and what kind of stuff you're so busy sending out the door.

On a completely unrelated note, anyone listen to Brother Ali? "Every culture has a right to passage, you wanna bypass it and sell me your practice?"

the phrase "i dont care"/your the artist"..im kinda lame like that..but if some one doesnt care about what their getting what motivation am i suposed to have?

I have found in other mediums that the best art comes from letting the artist do what they want to do. I'm working on a sleeve and my only input is that I want japanese style. Other than that, I'm letting him do what he wants. I want to wear his art. I'm not saying everyone should do that, or that it is appropriate for every artist, but when I say, "I don't care" or "you're the artist" I really mean - I want your best work and your artistic vision.

I don't understand why you don't call it a gun. It shoots a substance into somebody. I don't know, a vacuum cleaner seems like a machine and a tattoo "machine" seems like a gun.

Maybe if I pay 20 grand I can finally get a good answer to that? Or do you think that would be more like a $30,000 secret?

no, please, no

@Hogrider, I'm speaking more on the customer who walks in to the cutom shop and it goes like this,

customer: Yo' I'm lookin to get some ink you have time now?

tattooer: what are you looking to get?

cutomer: i dont care'

tattooer: do you have any idea's

cutsomer: you're the artist, you tell me.

i understand what your saying about letting the artist do what they want, but usually that kinda happens anyway, from my experience cutomer gives idea, tattooer runs with it and interprets it the best possible way for tattooing.

at least you have an idea of what you want ie japanese style.

I appreciate you input in my post.

@Hogrider, I'm speaking more on the customer who walks in to the cutom shop and it goes like this,

customer: Yo' I'm lookin to get some ink you have time now?

tattooer: what are you looking to get?

cutomer: i dont care'

tattooer: do you have any idea's

cutsomer: you're the artist, you tell me.

I stand corrected. I agree with what you are saying.

I don't understand why you don't call it a gun. It shoots a substance into somebody. I don't know, a vacuum cleaner seems like a machine and a tattoo "machine" seems like a gun.

Maybe if I pay 20 grand I can finally get a good answer to that? Or do you think that would be more like a $30,000 secret?

there is no "shooting of substance" into anyone.

Okay. I let it go. :)

... I just lost a ton of games of Magic:The Gathering last night.

Is that the one with all the trolls or are you the only one? Seriously, when is it enough? You kick up a bunch of dust, make all kinds of noise about sticking to your views and then when you've derailed a perfectly viable thread, you say, "Ok, it's cool. I don't care anymore". Why act like you care at all? Just skip it or at least take it elsewhere.

Here's a tip. Don't worry about Tom Gabel's gender unless you're dating him and don't worry about what we call our equipment unless you're spending any time at either end of the machine. These are our words for our things. They have nothing to do with you.

Even if it started with a misstep, this thread could've been a good example of what not to ask here and why...instead it became another episode of the Hunter Morrow Show...but I guess I'm just feeding the trolls now.

--end rant.

Has this really not derailed yet? Jesus.

Anyone see the Hatfield and McCoy show yesterday? I was intuiged but missed it. Is it worth tracking down?

Oh yeah, star studded cast. Tom Berenger and Kevin Costner are terrific in it.

I was just wondering why the ink wouldn't stay in somebody's skin. Maybe it is an allergic reaction?