Large thigh tattoos and backpieces

I'm doing the front of my thighs over the next six months, in between sessions on my back. I will say, though, that the legs were not a lot of fun. It wasn't so much the tattooing, but the healing that sucked.

The thighs suck! I had one little nerve cluster on the mid outer thigh that was horrid with involuntary twitching. Thank goodness it was when it was being shaded and not the outline. Also getting close to my bum was pretty bad, I can't imagine what its like to do a whole ass session. I still have more I want to do, but am going to leave them for now and focus on my arms. Or maybe I should just get all the bad spots out the way first?

There is something to be said for getting the worst out of the way, but I am generally driven by what I want more than where it is going to go, if that makes any sense. I have often thought about targeting shitty spots just to get them done, though, so I am inconsistent about it.

There is something to be said for getting the worst out of the way, but I am generally driven by what I want more than where it is going to go, if that makes any sense. I have often thought about targeting shitty spots just to get them done, though, so I am inconsistent about it.

That's my plan as well. I really want to have the rest of my arm as the last body part to have tattooed. My thigh sucked too! I thought it was going to be easy. Going for a bit if touch up work then I'll post it up.

That's my plan as well. I really want to have the rest of my arm as the last body part to have tattooed. My thigh sucked too! I thought it was going to be easy. Going for a bit if touch up work then I'll post it up.

I'm the same.. i've got a huge space on my right arm that i'm saving hopefully to get out to Texas and get tattooed by Steve Byrne..

On the whole i'm just getting stuff i want and not worrying about how shitty/not shitty it is.. after all the pain is temporary but the tattoo is permanent :)

• 1 month later...

Oh boy. I thought that the upper thigh would be easier than the back or lower ribs, and now you've got me wondering! I can't decide if I want a Monmon cat on my upper thigh tending to the outside, or on the side of my stomach towards the ribs. I'd love to do my calf or inner forearm, but I still have to hide 'em.

@SeeSea. I probably wouldn't say upper thigh is a harder slog to get through. I mean, fkn smashing ribs and sternum had it's moments where I was thinking ...faaark! Just expected the thighs to be a walk in the park and it was not quite what I expected. As mentioned, sucky rather than faaarkin 'ell. :)

But @Mark Bee. Your right man. When I started banging torso, my mindset was fuck this shit. Smash this fucker hard, smash it solid and we don't stop til the fucker is done. You bet.

• 1 month later...