Mother/Mum/Mom Tattoos

I haven't got a "mum" tattoo specifically, but the woman with the sewing machine that i have in my gallery was for my mum. She was a seamstress when i was little so i have a lot of memories of being surrounded by sewing machines. She cried when i first showed it to her, which is about the best approval i could have hoped for

• 8 months later...

I just have a simple swallow that represents my mom on my chest. I really do like the american traditional style tattoos that say "mom" on them, but I also think it's very nice when there is something like a flower, bird, etc. that represents them. Sometimes, the simpler the better. Just something to think about!

• 4 weeks later...
@Dan = did you get the nekkid babe on the horseshoe after you showed your Mom hers? :D

- - - Updated - - -

@Dan = did you get the nekkid babe on the horseshoe after you showed your Mom hers? :D

LOL no,the babe in the horse shoe was there first.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

LOL no,the babe in the horse shoe was there first.

• 2 weeks later...

eagle_rose.jpg?cache=1457830861

I don't think I've posted mine yet...I wanted my first tattoo on my arms to be something sort of significant but still badass. :D This tattoo represents my parents, the rose is my mom (she likes gardening and has always had rose bushes) and the eagle is my dad (he served in the navy and then the reserves). It doesn't come right out and say "Mom and dad" but I know what it means.