Richard Stell was very fast with the tattoo he did on me (womans leg with fishnets on and a dagger head)! Looks awesome and he buzzed right through all the lines for the fishnets in no time!

Bert Krak was very fast with my black widow tattoo!

Grime did my hubby's tiger on his forearm/hand in about 3 hours (pretty much a 1/4 sleeve) It's in his new book! For what it is, and the quality or the work, I really thought that was fast!

I am sure there are others I could think of too but those three stick out the most!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been tattooed a bunch by Adam Ciferri and Stell's tattooed me twice, will tattoo me two more times in SLC on 02/18 and 02/19. Both are fast, but the full back Battle Royale Stell put on his son in 7.5 hours or so shows what tattooing for 30 years can bestow. Bert Krak tattooed me enormously quickly, his "simple" style nonewithstanding. Eddy Deutsche put a full hamstring and dragon head on my bud Kyle in 3.5 hours, one sitting. That tattoo, and Josh Arment's Hardy chest panther (otherworldly indelible velocity) are the two most impressive displays of speed and quality that I've seen. Filip Leu covers terrain like no other. Even a non-tattooer like me can tell by just looking at the composition and how he puts ink under the that he hauls. Style is obviously of immense relevance. Scott Sylvia did a half-sleeve on my ex very quickly, and, as with everything I've seen that guy do, it's technically as close to flawless as it gets. Lehi did the other half-sleeve on her (her only tattoos, courtesy of what my 34 neurotic laser sessions taught me), and that guy hauls. Tim's finishing my bodysuit. He backgrounded my traditional front (Malone Sacred Heart, Adam Ciferri stomach eagle, Grime snake) so fast it was done before I really knew what was going on. Lehi also employed restraint in not overwhelming the foreground, at all. Brooks emphasized this skill when advising my bud Kyle, at one point. I remember Jerry writing something to Hardy about the complexity of conveying the six layers within a tattoo or something. Like I said, I can't draw or tattoo my own dick, I'm just shooting from the hip as I find this crap interesting, for whatever reason. I'll shut up now.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw that Leu thing walking around Lausanne while I was picking my nose and sunbathing on Saturn last night. 14 hours?? Masterful employment of negative space. It's not even a tattoo anymore. Far out. Dude that's on should be forcibly taxidermied. If Katsushika Hokusai saw this he'd have to concede that tattooing's not complete hogwash. Thanks for posting.

• 2 weeks later...

i got a dagger from steve Boltz on my arm maybe 9 inches.. took him maybe 15-20 min on a convention with no light..

"Thats how u do that one!" he said with a big grin haha

Grime works really fast also.. did my hands.. no more then 50-60 min each..

with the amont of detail thats pretty fast!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I watched Ross Ferrie put this tattoo on in 1hr 35 min so the lady would be on time to get her kid from school.

Nick Colella tattooed me so fast my wife was down the street at Pick me UP cafe and hadn't even gotten her food yet when I walked in all done and bandaged up.

Mike Volakakis is another dude that doesn't mess around, big tattoo on the back on my calf just over an hour.

photo.php?fbid=366768241238&set=a.230282126238.134526.230188896238&type=1&theater

• 3 weeks later...
Chad Koeplinger's name should have come up long ago - dude is so fucking fast that sometimes, I think for laughs, he posts the amounts of times things took under photos on facebook. It's wild. Combination of years and years of practice, as well as years invested finding the perfect tattoo equipment for your hand speeds... regardless, when you're getting a hguge piece it's so nice to have someone that speedy!

I am agree with you