• 2 months later...

Jason Kunz is the fastest I've experienced. Ironically, I got a boars head from him too. Its on my right leg. Probably 12-14" tall by 8" wide. 2.5 hours. Most of the lines are deeeeeep and it still itches at times... almost a year later. Healed like a charm though. Can't really see any of the blowouts because the tattoo is so solid, but I sure can feel them. His protege, "Tiny" Jim Herman, is also pretty quick. He did the JagerBomb on the back of my arm in about an hour and a half. Healed great. Not a bad spot on it anywhere.

Fast is not always good! And I think you can tell when stuff has really been busted on quickly, but having said that I am a big fan of confident looking tattooing it should not turn into a dick contest!

Eddy D was by far the fastest I have been tattooed by with Chris Conn being the slowest also Jack Rudy certainly took his time but would not trade the overall experience.

i totally agree fast isnt good unless its solid with crisp lines. this guy who had a shop told me his claim to fame was he tattoed a bulldog design in eleven minutes and got it into some dog poo record book. and he was quite proud too. the idiot . bet it had 3 legs lol

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Eddy Deutsche did my full back piece in 12 hours!!

That's the sci-fi Rock of Ages, right? I love that tattoo.

I'll throw Chad Koeplinger's name in here again. He covered a lot of my shin very quickly (under two hours) and the tattoo healed up really nicely and bright.

Thomas Hooper gets it done too. He finished my arm from shoulder to wrist in around twenty hours which I found to be super fast especially given the intricacy of the tattoo.

Fastest I've seen but not experienced personally were the backpieces that Filip Leu and Kurt Wiscombe did at this year's Montreal convention. They were doing full backs in 4-5 hours. It was mental.

• 7 months later...

max kuhn tattooed my whole back in around 12 hours total. it didn't seem to be going by quick while i was getting done but thinking about over it now that it is finished i think i lucked out.

mario desa is super quick too. outlined a scimitar on my stomach in literally 10 minutes around 2 years ago. the whole thing took about an hour and 20 minutes which again i'm grateful for because it was pretty awful. timmy tatts & lowercase j are both very fast too. timmy outlined a friends rock of ages backpiece is 45 minutes!