The Oslo - NY - LA travel blog

Iwar

Here we go again...

I got up at 6:30AM, partly hungover after attending a birthdayparty the night before, to catch the bus to the airport. Thankfully I slept through most of the flight from Oslo to Newark airport. Now my feet are tired after walking around brooklyn for X ammount of hours, so I'm taking a breather at my hotelroom (NY smallest btw) before heading out again.

I visited Saved and Smith St. briefly today, which was really cool. I'll probably try to get a walkin at Smith St on tuesday. Crossing my fingers for that one. Tommorrow I'm getting tattooed by Cris Cleen at Saved which I'm really looking forward to.

More updates and pictures will be posted daily in this thread. Hope some of you will enjoy it. Now I'm off to the pub to get beer (or four). Maybe I'll run into @gougetheeyes if I'm lucky :)

48f551d8.jpg

Cheers!

Here we go again...

I got up at 6:30AM, partly hungover after attending a birthdayparty the night before, to catch the bus to the airport. Thankfully I slept through most of the flight from Oslo to Newark airport. Now my feet are tired after walking around brooklyn for X ammount of hours, so I'm taking a breather at my hotelroom (NY smallest btw) before heading out again.

I visited Saved and Smith St. briefly today, which was really cool. I'll probably try to get a walkin at Smith St on tuesday. Crossing my fingers for that one. Tommorrow I'm getting tattooed by Cris Cleen at Saved which I'm really looking forward to.

More updates and pictures will be posted daily in this thread. Hope some of you will enjoy it. Now I'm off to the pub to get beer (or four). Maybe I'll run into @gougetheeyes if I'm lucky :)

Cheers!

How long are you in NY?

Should have asked this with the NY question. You fly from NY to LA? Where are you heading while you're in LA?

Same question and how long are you in LA? What are the dates?

I assume you're getting tattooed by Chris Conn?

Fill us in, maybe I'll drive down and meet up with you :D

Same question and how long are you in LA? What are the dates?

I assume you're getting tattooed by Chris Conn?

Fill us in, maybe I'll drive down and meet up with you :D

I wish I had time for a meetup, but I'm flying in on June 5th and back to NY on the evening of June 6th, so I'm not staying very long unfortunately. My plane back to Oslo departs from NY on the 7th, so I didn't have much choice. I'm getting tattooed by Conn there, yes.

-Part 2-

Where do I start...? On sunday evening, right after my last post, I went over to The Richardson in Brooklyn to say hello to LST's very own @gougetheeyes (aka Patrick). He was barbacking there that evening and I was thirsty so it seemed like the obvious thing to do. As I expected he was the nicest dude ever, and while he was working I hung out with his lovely wife Brittany the end of the bar. My english got worse for every beer I drank that night, so I'm not sure if she understood half of what I was saying at the end :) Anyway, it was a great night. Unfortunately I forgot to snap a few pictures, but for some reason I took a photo with a homeless heroin-addict named Isaac Hays (or so he claimed) on my journey back home.

Monday started with an american breakfast in the form of a bacon/egg/cheese sandwitch before I headed over to Saved for my appointment with Mr.Cleen. The weather here is crazy humid and HOT, so I was pouring with sweat when I finally got there. Fortunately for me they had a kickass aircondition there.

I picked out a couple designs from Cris' pre drawn designs book, and we got to it. He wa going to do one design on the top of my forearm and one on the bottom, but after we finished the one on the top we found out that it stretched over a little bit to the bottom, so the next tattoo wouldn't be symmetrick. Instead he drew on a snake to cover the open space, and we did the second design on my leg instead. I even got a free print on high quality wiping-paper, haha.

Today I got up early to head over to Smith Street in hopes of getting a walkin appointment to fill the last open space on my right arm. I was really lucky as Steve Boltz's appointment was stuck in traffick, so he drew on a torch design like it was nothing, and got to it. An hour later I finally had my arm completely covered. After that I headed to the Shirts and destroy shop (near Saved) to pick up some shirts. I buy close to all my t-shirts from them online, so it was a real treat to visit the shop. Now I'm thinking of heading down to the times square area just to be able to say that I've been there. Hopefully I can get some shopping done too.

If anyone in the area is down for a drink or two tonight give me a holla! :D

154bee6b.jpg

b6115f8c.jpg

a4c4c3ae.jpg

Oh shit, didn't realize your in NYC already.

Now the question is....can us New Yorkers actually get a meetup going while your here!

revival of the meet-up!

I should just shoot you my number so you can text me when it goes down and I will be there.