Sod the Jubilee

jade1955

There were about 4 bands playing that night in my hometown. The Clash, who were headlining were playing across the road in a bigger hall. Anyway a fire broke out in the hall and burnt it down, destroying the place and the Clashs' sound system. A local band, XTC lent the Clash their gear for the night so that their set could go ahead in the smaller club.

The opening number was Londons Burning but Joe changed the lyrics to Swindons Burning. Packed in like sardines, sweaty, eardrums getting shattered. Fucking amazing night.

Got arrested and charged with criminal damage and theft for pulling down some 25th Jubilee bunting, that year. £25 fine.

I think I'll stay in over the 60th Jubilee bank holiday and keep out of trouble.

It isn't like a celebration of 60 years of accomplishing anything. She lived for 60 years as a pampered multi-billionaire in a first world nation. I have no clue how in the 21st century there is a group of inbred, doddering old buffoons who have the power to dissolve Parliament meetings. This senile old wrist-waving dingbat has power over PARLIAMENT?!?! Could you imagine if before he died Andy Rooney had power over the U.S. Congress?

Did you ever notice...how hereditary monarchies are asinine in the 21st Century? Did you ever notice?

Andy-Rooney-Retires.jpg

It isn't like a celebration of 60 years of accomplishing anything. She lived for 60 years as a pampered multi-billionaire in a first world nation. I have no clue how in the 21st century there is a group of inbred, doddering old buffoons who have the power to dissolve Parliament meetings. This senile old wrist-waving dingbat has power over PARLIAMENT?!?! Could you imagine if before he died Andy Rooney had power over the U.S. Congress?

Did you ever notice...how hereditary monarchies are asinine in the 21st Century? Did you ever notice?

Andy-Rooney-Retires.jpg

Some nice characters being invited to the "Jubilee Bash" Like this guy

460swaziland.jpg

Swaziland’s King Mswati III a brutal dictator and Africas last absolute monarch. He lives a life of opulence while his own people starve.