Opinion on this!

Matt22091

Or maybe he thought he would get a better response starting a new thread than being on page 83 of an old thread. Just because you CAN be a dick doesn't mean you HAVE to be one.

to be fair, it was posted very recently in what is likely the most popular and frequented thread on the entire forum, and had recieved several responses. the people who wanted to comment on the tattoo could do so there... and i'm pretty sure a few did.

to be fair, it was posted very recently in what is likely the most popular and frequented thread on the entire forum, and had recieved several responses. the people who wanted to comment on the tattoo could do so there... and i'm pretty sure a few did.

I just joined this forum 3 days ago, I dont know what the most popular threads are. I am entitled to making my own thread as we are all, no need to build internet ego over something so careless...thanks for the responses all

I hope that this doesn't go on for to much longer. If this is your first forum you have joined then here are a few tips.

Look at how many posts a thread has, how many pages it has... If it's at the very top of a section then it's a new thread or one that gets posts on regularly. When you ask a question and your not happy with with the answer don't make a new thread, it will just lead to this. you could even lurk around for a bit and see how things work, where they go...

And most of all don't argue on the internet, it is pointless, and will only end with less people joining in on the discussions.

getting clowned for seeking attention is less desirable than not getting the attention they wanted in the first place.

True, or people could exercise some restraint or practice a little civility or send a PM letting the poster know how things work. There is another forum whose name I won't mention where newcomers are flamed unmercifully and they have a handful of the same people doing all of the posting. I don't see much of that here and I think that it encourages people to join AND stay. It's in everyone's best interest to have a thriving community.

Agreed, but as I said there are ways of handling this without publicly calling someone out. Also sometimes in those long threads it's hard to tell what comments pertain to what post if people don't quote the post they are commenting on, but maybe that's just my early onset Alzheimers talking. My only point is that if you want a healthy growing community, insulting new comers is not the way to achieve it.

I think we were extremely civil in response. A mild rib-poke or ball-busting is to be expected on whatever forum someone is a member of, esp when someone does a faux pah. It's not like a personal attack or anything. I would expect the same if I said felinecat, regardless of how many posts or how long I've been here.

Matt, in response to what you were looking for, It looks good so far & dont take anything here personal. Learn from a small mistake about where to post, laugh a little, and carry on. Welcome to LST.

I think we were extremely civil in response. A mild rib-poke or ball-busting is to be expected on whatever forum someone is a member of, esp when someone does a faux pah. It's not like a personal attack or anything. I would expect the same if I said felinecat, regardless of how many posts or how long I've been here.

Matt, in response to what you were looking for, It looks good so far & dont take anything here personal. Learn from a small mistake about where to post, laugh a little, and carry on. Welcome to LST.

Thank you Irezumi, appreciaite it!!!! Cheers!

Well I'm not always right, no matter what I say! I stand corrected. As the old saying goes, "nobody wins a pissing contest."