So remember what I was saying about 2012 being the year of the male tattoo model?

Kev

i guess he's committed himself to tattooing and it seems to be his passion... that and Disneyland. but who doesn't love Disneyland?!!

something about LA makes some people do strange things to gain fame or notoriety. haven't met him, so it's hard to tell if he really loves tattoos and wants to be a tattooer... but initial reaction seems like he just wants to be "that dude."

I was on instagram yesterday and ran across this kid. The first thing I thought was with that much coverage, he must be a musician or tattoo artist, but from what I can tell, he's just a model:

tumblr_m4atmnlFa61qg1c1zo1_500.png

scottxsparks (Scott Sparks YR) 's Instagram photos | Webstagram - the best Instagram viewer

So expect this to be a thing.

One thing I noticed as weird was he tattooed the shit outta his face but mostly skipped the legs. Weird to me

• 5 months later...

i'm straight edge. i have a few shirts, and a few tattoos. but, i don't make any bigger a deal about it than that... where i live, most people not into music probably think i'm wearing a shirt advertising a ruler or a razor.

the straight edge kids that make a huge deal about it in every day life are insecure, need a reason to feel special, and will probably break edge by the age of 24.

Ten years or so ago, we had lots of problems with the straight edge crowd. Without painting with a broad brush, SE kids were constantly starting fights and pretty much known for being a bunch of violent little dicks. They could have benifitted from a drink or a joint, or something to get them to calm down. It got bad enough that we bared them from venues and stopped booking bands that appealed to that group, because they drove everyone away.

That being said I haven't heard much about the whole straight edge thing in years.