So remember what I was saying about 2012 being the year of the male tattoo model?

Kev

I clicked through a couple pages, looks like he's apprenticing. Better book your time in now!

I may be wrong but i'm pretty sure I saw pictures of him scratching out of his bedroom.. Maybe his mommy and daddy paid for him to actually get an apprenticeship since then but either way... Seems like he's trying a little too hard.

He also has a rare, one of a kind, plastic , sailor jerry stencil.

this was a comment on that picture..

"you're a really big influence to me man, and the fact that you have respect for Norman 'sailor Jerry' is pretty badass, every one of my tattoos are sailor jerry, you're very lucky to have this, how did you get it? "

why the hell would ANYBODY idolize this kid?!

this was a comment on that picture..

"you're a really big influence to me man, and the fact that you have respect for Norman 'sailor Jerry' is pretty badass, every one of my tattoos are sailor jerry, you're very lucky to have this, how did you get it? "

why the hell would ANYBODY idolize this kid?!

Where are you seeing this Shit? Hahaha

I know I'm gonna catch hell for this but here goes...

Gauges make me want to vomit. Its the least attractive physical trend my generation embraced. Plus, it does something to the ear that just makes it stinky.

I want to go on a kill crazy rampage whenever I see a gaggle of people with those things.

I guess if they are smaller I don't mind 'em as much.

I know I'm gonna catch hell for this but here goes...

Gauges make me want to vomit. Its the least attractive physical trend my generation embraced. Plus, it does something to the ear that just makes it stinky.

I want to go on a kill crazy rampage whenever I see a gaggle of people with those things.

I guess if they are smaller I don't mind 'em as much.

As an old fart, I gots to agree. I had my left ear pierced when I was 12 years old, and have worn a stud in it since then, got my left nipple pierced when I was 18, it's still open, but I don't wear anything in it.

My oldest gauged his ears out when he turned 18, but figured it out an leaves em empty. I've offered to take a tin-snip to 'em, but for some reason, he won't let me...they're closing up anyhow.

I know, I know. Back in the day, when I got my ear pierced, the oldtimers (like me) were telling each other how faggy and shitty it looked. Every generation has it's own thing, maybe the next big fad will be plates in the lips. I do believe the Mursi are the present masters of this, but it's been around quite a few African-and even one Easter-Euro culture for quite some time.

All that said, hey, if it's your thing, go for it! I've done too much wrong in my life to be judgemental of anyone else, whether it's how they look, who they sleep with, or what they do to their body.

I want to punch that kid in his shitty little tattooed face, with my shitty little tattooed hand. I hope his 'plastic' stencil catches fire and burns his parents house down.

Shit like that makes me wish I didn't even have tattoos sometimes.

Also, sailor Jerry wasn't the best tattooer to ever live. He wasn't the best tattooer of his time. He's just the one who's stuff got saved by someone who knew what to do with it to make a lot of money and get famous. That would be Ed Hardy. If it was some other old timer who Ed had been close with, it woulda been that person in the sailor jerry spot today.

• 2 weeks later...