So remember what I was saying about 2012 being the year of the male tattoo model?

Kev

Tattooed guys talking about how they don't like tattooed women give me the douche chills.

What? I didn't watch the video. I love tattooed women, and guys who don't like them. More for me. Well, not really but you know what I mean.

I had someone tell me that this girl was ugly because she has a tiny tattoo. morons

I posted the video as a public service.:p

they are called acetates. you powder them with carbon ,blow it off leaving carbon in the scrathes,grease up the skin and stick it. state of the art until the 70's.

Man...imagine setting up the outline on a plastic stencil. You really wouldahaddawanna!!!

- - - Updated - - -

holier than thou.they want you to know that thier better than you.

I dont understand why so many straightedge people brag about it and get it tattooed on them?

Like, alot of people are techinically "straightedge" but they dont make it a big deal

• 2 weeks later...

Being fine with tattoos on men but not women seems to be a common double standard. Just saw this on a silly music forum regarding Aimee Mann's tattoos:

"yea..im not a big fan of tatoos on women... it means theyve done something very bad...whether it be drugs or crime.

but aimee loves boxing and tatoos are mandatory there lol."

On the one hand it makes me laugh. On the other hand, why are people such freakin' idiots?

• 4 weeks later...
wow thats a lot of tattoos i couldn't imagine myself getting that many tattoos

I can't imagine having that many tattoos at age 22. I had no money when I was that age for one and I spent from 25-33 getting tattooed very regularly and have not run out of room, nor have i tattooed my face, hands, or neck.

My prediction he will go the route of the reformed white supremacist and have it all removed by let's say age 28. Modeling career can only last so long and the popularity of tattoos fluctuates between generations, so I can imagine being a former tattoo model with no marketable skills be a very lucrative future.

On the other hand I can't give the ladies a pass either. I think every third girl in Portland is a tattoo model or in beauty school, or a tattooed model in beauty school that does roller derby on the side. I don't know what the future brings for them either.

Things do go in phases, but I only see tattoos gaining in popularity and becoming more mainstream for good or ill. There might be a time when it's considered "cool" to have no tattoos at all, but no one can be cool forever -- except for maybe Keith Richards, William S. Burroughs. and I may as well add Thom deVita to that list.

I can't imagine having that many tattoos at age 22. I had no money when I was that age for one and I spent from 25-33 getting tattooed very regularly and have not run out of room, nor have i tattooed my face, hands, or neck.

My prediction he will go the route of the reformed white supremacist and have it all removed by let's say age 28. Modeling career can only last so long and the popularity of tattoos fluctuates between generations, so I can imagine being a former tattoo model with no marketable skills be a very lucrative future.

On the other hand I can't give the ladies a pass either. I think every third girl in Portland is a tattoo model or in beauty school, or a tattooed model in beauty school that does roller derby on the side. I don't know what the future brings for them either.

Tattoo models, male or female, can't go away quickly enough in my opinion. If I had any brains at all I'd go into the laser tattoo removal business because there's going to be so much money in that.

Tattoo model... sounds kinda cheap doesnt it?

Usually, its pretty boys and girls, who like attention so they go out and get hella tattoos, take a few pictures, then they are internet famous. So they do more and more for more attention. Young women tattooing their face, men getting the warped tour body suit... makes me wanna shake the fuck out of them. Then they gage their ears beyong recognition, the girls get cheek piercings, well fuck, anything on their face pierced.

And for what?

For 15 minutes of internet fame, with permanent body modifications?

Also, the tattoos they get are shitty af

Things do go in phases, but I only see tattoos gaining in popularity and becoming more mainstream for good or ill. There might be a time when it's considered "cool" to have no tattoos at all, but no one can be cool forever -- except for maybe Keith Richards, William S. Burroughs. and I may as well add Thom deVita to that list.

I think tattoos will always be popular, but in different ways and different styles, and being a model is always going to be short lived. I see these people around they have one or two friends that will tattoo them cheap, so they get covered in a year or so, but really don't know much about tattoos or even how to conduct themselves in a tattoo shop because they probably have never been in a real one.

I think like anything, you have people that are smart and idiots doing the same thing. If someone wants to do modeling when they are young and they have a few tattoos, fine, but thinking being tattooed is going to be a life long career is a little far fetched. I can't see the pretty boy and pinup models going the side show/freak show route that some have managed to carve out a modest living doing.

• 4 weeks later...
Tattoo model... sounds kinda cheap doesnt it?

Usually, its pretty boys and girls, who like attention so they go out and get hella tattoos, take a few pictures, then they are internet famous. So they do more and more for more attention. Young women tattooing their face, men getting the warped tour body suit... makes me wanna shake the fuck out of them. Then they gage their ears beyong recognition, the girls get cheek piercings, well fuck, anything on their face pierced.

And for what?

For 15 minutes of internet fame, with permanent body modifications?

Also, the tattoos they get are shitty af

Maybe it's because I joined the Instagram recently, but seems like just a steady stream of these profiles about girls and guys with tattoos. I try to be good about following people who follow us, so I see this stuff in my feed. With all the things I said before intact don't you think people should have to have more than a handful of tattoos to be considered a tattoo model, also it would probably help if the tattoos were showing instead of just a close up of someone cleavage or some dude's six pack abs and the tiniest portion of a tattoo in the corner of the picture. Do you really need to be nude to show off your wrist tattoo, I mean I appreciate the female form as much as the next guy, maybe more than the next guy, but the idea of modeling is kind of a joke when every 20 something who takes a self portrait with their IPhone is being featured as a "model" .

Maybe it's because I joined the Instagram recently, but seems like just a steady stream of these profiles about girls and guys with tattoos. I try to be good about following people who follow us, so I see this stuff in my feed. With all the things I said before intact don't you think people should have to have more than a handful of tattoos to be considered a tattoo model, also it would probably help if the tattoos were showing instead of just a close up of someone cleavage or some dude's six pack abs and the tiniest portion of a tattoo in the corner of the picture. Do you really need to be nude to show off your wrist tattoo, I mean I appreciate the female form as much as the next guy, maybe more than the next guy, but the idea of modeling is kind of a joke when every 20 something who takes a self portrait with their IPhone is being featured as a "model" .

haha me and my friend sometimes joke about girls showing off their "hand tattoo" aka get hand tattoo (maybe something else small) and get naked

• 1 month later...

Saw some more about that Scott Sparks kid recently... apparently, he's a trust fund kid from Ohio, got lots of tattoos to try to fit into the Cali hardcore scene, bailed after he finished a tattoo apprenticeship, and is now trying to be a swagtastic rapper who's all about weed, money, and girls who may or may not be ratchet. Thankfully, no one in the rap game knows who Judge or Earth Crisis are, so his face won't bring up awkward questions...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ8FJ-PE4mA

Saw some more about that Scott Sparks kid recently... apparently, he's a trust fund kid from Ohio, got lots of tattoos to try to fit into the Cali hardcore scene, bailed after he finished a tattoo apprenticeship, and is now trying to be a swagtastic rapper who's all about weed, money, and girls who may or may not be ratchet. Thankfully, no one in the rap game knows who Judge or Earth Crisis are, so his face won't bring up awkward questions...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ8FJ-PE4mA

thats so funny with all his straight edge tattoos