Athiests

slayer9019

Relevant? To what?

I'm a hella older than you are, and I never heard a word about tattooed people being atheists. Only ones I've ever heard withthat kind of talk are religious jews and some sects of christianity that call it "The Mark of the Beast".

Fucking nutjobs.

I'm kinda with @ian on this one.

I certainly don't believe, but I don't consider myself and atheist or anything else really.

I do wear a lot of inverted crosses and I'm sure you remember the pants I posted with the big pentagram and goat heads. So by default lots of people think I'm a satan worshipper or something. I don't understand why I have to explain to these idiots that if I don't believe in Jesus, that also means Satan is not real, nor is hell. I just wear that shit cause it's aesthetically interesting to me. And I like looking scary so that less idiots ask me dumb questions about tattoos.

Can't speak for hgiles, of course - but I believe in God, just not the one that is commonly interpreted by organized religion.

With all do respect, do you also believe in the following:

Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Tooth-fairy and Unicorns? In their original versions not interpreted.... ????

The misspelling of Atheists as Athiests bums me out. Come on, we're supposed to be the smarter ones here ;)

Yea I suck at spelling. To top it all off my phones dictionary is curently in swedish so it assumes I am spellimg every word incorrectly. Never realized how bad I needed it till I didnt have it

Yea I suck at spelling. To top it all off my phones dictionary is curently in swedish so it assumes I am spellimg every word incorrectly. Never realized how bad I needed it till I didnt have it

haha it's all good. I was just giving you a hard time.. There are several common words I know I don't know how to spell and just type something close and rely on auto-correct to fix it.

haha it's all good. I was just giving you a hard time.. There are several common words I know I don't know how to spell and just type something close and rely on auto-correct to fix it.

The only thing worse than my spelling is my handwriting, which makes for a lethal combination. Damn I should have became a doctor :)

I usually say I'm atheist just to appease people who ask, because if you're like "Oh, I don't believe in anything" then they just assume your atheist, when that's not really the case. But I don't like to identify myself as atheist because of its relation to the "man-made god". I believe in science and evidence and frankly, being a decent human being. I think when some one labels them self as atheist its only as a reaction to religion, not a definition of who the person is. Yikes, I hope that made sense. Basically what I'm saying is asking some one if they're atheist seems moot ...right?

I usually say I'm atheist just to appease people who ask, because if you're like "Oh, I don't believe in anything" then they just assume your atheist, when that's not really the case. But I don't like to identify myself as atheist because of its relation to the "man-made god". I believe in science and evidence and frankly, being a decent human being. I think when some one labels them self as atheist its only as a reaction to religion, not a definition of who the person is. Yikes, I hope that made sense. Basically what I'm saying is asking some one if they're atheist seems moot ...right?

Not directed at you in particular but I did want to clear the area about theist vs athiest...

Atheist: a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Theist: one who believes in the existence of a god or gods

The rejection of a particular religion or sect does not make you an atheist by default. You can reject defined religions and become an agnostic theist. There is also deism but I'm going to skip that to keep it simple. While I try to avoid labeling, there is a time and a place where it is acceptable. When looking at a mostly black and white question of your position of the existence of an external conscious, "labeling" is the only real answer to the question.

I also kindly reject you accusation that people who "take the atheist label" are simply responding to a religion is false. When we are born we do not know of such things as religion, they are communicated to us. You begin as a blank slate (also as an atheist) and become an atheist. One would be reacting to religion if they became theistic.

The misspelling of Atheists as Athiests bums me out. Come on, we're supposed to be the smarter ones here ;)

Actually, an Athiest would be a resident of a town on the Athi-Galana-Sabaki river in Kenya, know as Athi Town or Mavoko.

Just sayin'.

I'm agnostic, non-religious, and also annoyed by people who refer to themselves as "spiritual"...just a pet peeve. When I hear someone say, "I'm not religious, but I'm spiritual..." I just want to slap them upside the head. But I don't because I have morals and slapping isn't right. Also, I think I may have said that when I was in my twenties.