Cool old cars

Dumpleton

Thought I would put it out there as I have restored a few old VW buses over the past 10 years or so.

My favourite style would be the original paint patina look, I like to fix the rust and try to match the paint to look as original as possible.

If you are into cars at all post them up.

Here are a couple of pics of the cars I have worked on.

from this (recently sold this one)

DSC03410.jpg

to this

PC010104.jpg

Another during work

P9270512.jpg

painted and finished

PA010022.jpg

So this is def one of my favorite rides. I confess, I didn't do much of the work myself, but hired it done for a friend in Deutschland. With gas at $10 a gallon there, I don't think he'll be taking delivery anytime soon, and it's just sitting in storage, getting driven a few hours a month to keep the juices flowing. If anyone is interested in a REAL expensive kool old car, hit me up!

Old bikes? Well hell...I might have a snap or two of old scooters.

Here's a few of mine, pretty old ones, I think they were taken in like 1992. The ex made off with all the picture albums, I had these layin in a desk drawer. I've had this old girl for 35 years...she's been through some changes, but this is pretty much what she looks like now.

I've changed a tad, tho'. Pardon the amateur photoshopping where I removed a passenger.

Trips me out how much the old VW's go for here now...even a rusty piece is worth a small fortune. I was looking at Bugs in Mexico, they just quit making the 65's a few years back down there, and you can get a real cherry one for a couple g.

Trips me out how much the old VW's go for here now...even a rusty piece is worth a small fortune. I was looking at Bugs in Mexico, they just quit making the 65's a few years back down there, and you can get a real cherry one for a couple g.

Yeah people pay a lot more money for them than there true value, really they drive like crap need to much attention and usually have some kind of oil leak, maybe that is the attraction to them?

Here is another of mine

from this

front_drivers_side_view_2.jpg

to this

P6200462-1.jpg

Last one i have

kombi001.jpg

finished

P8280502.jpg

Very kool rides! Those would bring you a small fortune over here.

Funny, when the Bugs were first coming into the country here, it was all "gas-mileage"...yet now, a full-size car gets better mileage, and it even has a heater!

I'd still get on if the price was right, tho'.

Ha ha I could use a small fortune to fly to America to get some real quality tattoos.

Kev Tijerina, that impala looks awesome really like the paint on it, how has the roof or hood been painted?

The purple and teal was candy with pearl mixed in. The roof was 'laced' (lay down a lace curtain as a template, spray,win) and the teal was faded at the edges with the purple.

• 9 months later...