Hey, there!

Cinder

Hiya, I'm Cinder (or Kate, doesn't matter), and I finally got my first tattoo on my 21st birthday, a couple days ago, after spending years thinking about it. I went through a day of "Oh, god, does it look okay? It's going to be on me forever?" Now I'm planning more, and am really enjoying the whole experience.

I love art, but could never see myself getting into putting my art on people's bodies. So, I'm just your typical student, painter, and tattoo lover. Because of my career path (teaching), I have to keep everything under wraps. My feather on my ankle will be a part of a phoenix concept on my thigh, and I want my body to have the whole "reincarnation, mysticism" theme.

Nice to meet you!

Hey Cinder, what will you be teaching? I'm a teacher--currently in a kindergarten collaborative classroom. I have a couple of tattoos that are often visible, a few more that usually aren't, and plan on getting more. It has not been an issue at all, but I work in the inner city in Los Angeles where most of the parents of my students are also tattooed. As was recently mentioned in the tattoos & the workplace thread, it depends on your employer, but location is a big factor, too.

Hey Cinder, what will you be teaching? I'm a teacher--currently in a kindergarten collaborative classroom. I have a couple of tattoos that are often visible, a few more that usually aren't, and plan on getting more. It has not been an issue at all, but I work in the inner city in Los Angeles where most of the parents of my students are also tattooed. As was recently mentioned in the tattoos & the workplace thread, it depends on your employer, but location is a big factor, too.

Mostly elementary students. :) I want to work in a kindergarten as well.

I'm in VA as well. Where did you go?

Khaos Ink in Gloucester - Spike did the ink. I may go get it retouched, because a couple of my friends when they first saw it thought the pink flame aura was an infection. >.> So now I'm paranoid and think that others will think the same. But otherwise it's healing quite well. It just finished its first peel, so I'm thankful that it's not itching anymore lol.