does this happen to anyone else?

I know there's a better thread on raised tattoos than this one, but you can read about stuff here: http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/tattoo-after-care/558-tattoo-outline-raised.html

Next time, poke around a little bit and try out the search function to see if something's already been covered. (In conclusion, raised tattoos are common, especially in certain weather, nothing to freak out about.)

I know there's a better thread on raised tattoos than this one, but you can read about stuff here: http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/tattoo-after-care/558-tattoo-outline-raised.html

Next time, poke around a little bit and try out the search function to see if something's already been covered. (In conclusion, raised tattoos are common, especially in certain weather, nothing to freak out about.)

thanks for sharing the thread, although, other than your comment in there it seems like it mostly had to do with tattoos that are healing. i'm at work and don't always have the time available to search for threads, which is why i made mine.

I have tattoos that react differently to the weather conditions.

Some of my outlines raise when it is hot and sunny or if the air is dry (i.e. in airplanes).

I have a white bird tattoo where the white turns a golden colour during summer months. Or different ink colours get a bit itchy when the weather is dry.

I also have some scars that react similarly to the weather.

Don't think it is anything to worry about, just your body's reaction to the environment.

Funny you posted this now; I've never experienced this until the past two days. Mine started popping out with this crazy heat wave in NJ. Judging by what others have said and my experience, it must be hot weather.

Well, being a New Jersey-an myself, I can say I think stupid NJ humidity+heat = raised

Mine don't ever really raise in the weather. The only time mine become raised are when my thai boxing instructor hits us as hard as he can on the stomach with a pad. The ones on my stomach/ribs become raised for about 10 minutes after that and become really sensitive

Youse guys got mosquitos by you?

Most of my work is covering old, hand-poked stuff, and when I get bit by a mosquito, say, when it's hot out, if the bite happens to be on one of the old handmade lines, a section, or sometimes the entire old tattoo will become raised. Give a rather spooky effect to see a sword risong out of the center of a demon's head!

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor but it is sometimes fun to pretend

Well allergies aside, you have to realize a tattoo is skin that experienced trauma (aka poked thousands of times with a needle) and then on top of that you put stuff underneath your skin and made it stay there on purpose.

Now if we look at a tattoo from the bodies standpoint it goes as follows:

Holy shit I'm getting poked over and over

Holy shit there is foreign material in me now

Wait...wtf why are you making sure this shit stays here!

I got a bunch of scars and scar tissue is not like normal skin tissue. My scars change with bloodpressure, heat, wetness, etc so why would a tattoo be any different.