Most common "object" used for tattoo coverup?

Lochlan

I love the people that say, "I don't care what you cover it with -- anything -- just make this _______ go away!" then I suggest something and they turn their nose up at it...obviously you care so speak up! I'm not talking craziness like a bowling ball on top of a suitcase either. I mean a rose or something.

I tend to tell people to pick a few things they'd get if they had fresh skin there and I'll choose the most workable option or elements that their choices suggest. Then I tell them to expect to go bigger than the tattoo and be open to interpretation because it doesn't just have to look good, it has to look good and cover. I hate coverups that look like coverups.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have two pieces I want to cover up. One is on my right forearm and the other is on my left bicep. They were both result of being young and just wanting to be tattooed. I would like to do some Japanese style on my right arm. What could I do with these?

Go see a good artist for best advice but i would say get it lasered a few times first or the cover up will have to be pretty dark. The good news is your tattoos are black which gets the best results from laser, colour does not. Have a look at some of the results in other threads the guys are getting with black ony tattoos

Good luck.

Shit man, I'd keep that skater dude! Anyhow, being a fellow Virginian, you got options. You should go check out George Archer at Tantrum Tattoo in Petersburg. Or drive up to Richmond where the options are plentiful (Salvation and Absolute Art are my go-to). But in your area, Dave Voegeli at Ancient Art-Virginia Beach location is a very solid tattooer.

540064_366694630034982_110595215644926_919203_115226624_n_thumb.jpg Was told by some artist that my bunny wouldn't be able to be covered unless it had some laser 1st...and then others have said my only option was a flower...I didn't want any of those options....I wanted a leopard/african theme and finally found someone that could do it. Most people don't see the bunny, but I can see it slightly since I know its there...but I just got this last month so I plan on getting touched up...but here is how it turned out, I am so happy with it! Sorry for some minor crack!

Tribal and roses are the most common in my shop. I have used koi fish with good results. I usually try to use the original and sculpt it into what they want. It can be quite difficult. I turned a dream catcher armband into a dragon on a cliff and covered the armband part with "happy trees" from the bob Ross panting show. A 7mag worked great lol

• 8 months later...