Most users ever...

Tight-Lines

We all need help.

While I have noticed that the forums have picked up a bit in the last few months as far as posts, 520 online users at once means more people need to join/contribute. or this can also mean that people are only posting when needed so I guess it is a double edged sword

I agree. I see a lot more interesting threads (tattoo related) recently. For a while I wasn't posting on here as much. Honestly, the Thomas Hooper stuff that keeps popping up keeps me coming back. And the Firth street stuff per usual.

First off...nice number of posts (Posts 1,666)

I think that new people helped necro some good threads and also throw some new opinions into the ring. They also keep the Latest Tattoo Lowdown thread churning 24/7!

First off...nice number of posts (Posts 1,666)

I think that new people helped necro some good threads and also throw some new opinions into the ring. They also keep the Latest Tattoo Lowdown thread churning 24/7!

I almost didn't want to reply to this and throw in the flag on posting for 666.... but here we go.

The Latest Tattoo Lowdown thread rules so hard. Such great stuff all the time.

he's Cali so PDT

yes but I don't think it's time zone specific- that would be a lot of wasted time on the backend for something so small. could an east coaster or european verify this by looking at the bottom of the main page and seeing what time they see listed for this? Or, better yet, I'm sure @steve1461686340 or @Lochlan could tell us if it's set to Pacific time zone or whether it's arbitrarily set at the time zone of VBulletin's server...

meh. that was a lot of analysis over a trivial fact. See what school does to me?!?

yes but I don't think it's time zone specific- that would be a lot of wasted time on the backend for something so small. could an east coaster or european verify this by looking at the bottom of the main page and seeing what time they see listed for this? Or, better yet, I'm sure @steve1461686340 or @Lochlan could tell us if it's set to Pacific time zone or whether it's arbitrarily set at the time zone of VBulletin's server...

"Most users ever online was 520, 3 Weeks Ago at 07:32 PM." - So it does seem to be timezone specific. That's Aussie time, so I'm guessing it was when a bunch of Euros were on here during the day instead of working ;)

meh. that was a lot of analysis over a trivial fact. See what school does to me?!?

yea.. that does seem like a weird anomaly. i'll have to add this to my list of things to investigate now.. thanks a lot Jake..

"Most users ever online was 520, 3 Weeks Ago at 07:32 PM." - So it does seem to be timezone specific. That's Aussie time, so I'm guessing it was when a bunch of Euros were on here during the day instead of working ;)

Sounds plausible. especially because Valerie's interview was up then and Stewart's was getting ready to drop shortly thereafter

yea.. that does seem like a weird anomaly. i'll have to add this to my list of things to investigate now.. thanks a lot Jake..

Being the nerd I am I popped into the code on the site and did some quick browsing through the vBulletin manual, and found the following. Date/Time settings are standardized using the "date" css-class, which is pulled from local server time then modified by the user's registered time zone (or default timezone which would be PDT "Pacific Daylight Time" for LST). You can modify this by going to "Settings > General Settings > Date & Time Options > *Set Timezone*".

Source: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/options_dateandtime

Summed up:

When you joined if you didn't select your timezone it would be put to PDT. If you changed it, it would be your local timezone.

To change:

Settings > General Settings > Date & Time Options > *Set Timezone*