Rascist tattoo redo

nmkcle

i actually may be in chicago in early august. hm...

Lemme know if you'd like to get together. CTC is pretty central in the city, we could run up there or whatever. Get a date and save a buck, Nick, Mario, Mike, any of the guys there are definitely top-shelf.

I thought Dan S was a Republican and that we "shared a moment" when we were complaining about welfare recipients about a month ago in a thread.

Shows what I know. He traded stories during Happy Hour with every influential non-White since 1962.

Did you ever share some rum with Vijay Singh while Elijah Muhammed smoked a briar pipe and told you who REALLY killed Malcolm X? What a turn of events!

I'm just kidding. Those are some cool stories. I was only breakin' balls.

Actually, I'm so Republican I tripped on my own brain-happens when you grew up in the sixties and seventies. I said I shared some wine with Chi Chi Rodriguez, and that would have been rough, cause I doubt the Secret Service would have let me near him. What I meant to write before I brain-farted was Cha Cha Jimenez, who was the main shot-caller of the Young Lords at the time. My sister had an apartment at Halsted and Wisconsin, right where People's Park was, and the Young Lords were the only ones who would patrol the streets there. Got to know him fairly well.

Abbie Hoffman was, IMHO, a spoiled rich kid dabbling in leftist politics, tho' he did come up with a few phrases I remain fond of, most notably, "no matter which way you tip a pyramid, there will still be a point on the top, so the the only way to get rid of the ruling elite is to blow the top off."

The Panthers I met at their headquarters in Maywood, a.k.a. "Murderwood" around Chicago, and while I was by no means buds with them, I did hang around enough to get in on more than one bull session about politics and race-relations, as it is called now. In later years, I would come to know several lower-ranking members very well. Most of them were bank-robbers and thieves, dope-fiends and killers, who had a cause. Which one justified which, I don't know or care.

I did go to hear the Honorable Elijah Muhhamed speak once, at the Mosque Maryam, in about 1973. It was quite an experience to be, I guess, the only White in a hall of several thousand blacks, and to listen to the Honorable Minister call for the death of all "White Devils" Wouldn't have missed it for the world.

And Malcom X? Everyone knows Brother Malcolm got sideways with the other Brothers in his Mosque...

...I said I shared some wine with Chi Chi Rodriguez, and that would have been rough, cause I doubt the Secret Service would have let me near him. What I meant to write before I brain-farted was Cha Cha Jimenez...

Funny, i auto-corrected that in my head and knew who you meant...it just didn't quite sound right. Ha.

Funny, i auto-corrected that in my head and knew who you meant...it just didn't quite sound right. Ha.

I guess I did the same thing when I wrote it, kinda like the late, great (first) Mayor Daley said, "listen to what I mean, not what I said"!

Cha Cha was a decent guy...the YLO were not people to take lightly, but I personally never saw him go out of his way to jack-over someone just passing through. LAst I heard he was in Michigan doing gang intervention after some time of fighting "sleep with the sun and rise with the moon" syndrome.

• 4 months later...