Ancor chain

Dumpleton

Hello everyone,

Currently I am having a kraken taking down a ship tattooed it is basically a full front in a very simple traditional style. Was hoping to get some opinions on how a traditional style anchor chain would translate as a tattoo, my artist suggested to put a chain instead of rope.

Personally I like the idea of chain, I have tried to find some chain tattoo pics without to much luck, basically the chain links would look like the pic.

My biggest concern is I can not seem to find a lot of tattooed chain pics so it could be a bad idea.

Appreciate any ideas or thoughts.

1131954.jpg

... Was hoping to get some opinions on how a traditional style anchor chain would translate as a tattoo, my artist suggested to put a chain instead of rope.

Did he draw up the design for you? Has he ever tattooed chain before? Kind of irrelevant posting pics of stuff if your artist can't execute it.

Simon Erl does killer chains:

tumblr_m5f1etwth61qilc62o1_400.jpg

tumblr_m4zhtk6oOR1qilc62o1_400.jpg

But once again, pointless if the artist can't draw/tattoo a chain.

"Currently I am having a kraken taking down a ship tattooed it is basically a full front in a very simple traditional style. Was hoping to get some opinions on how a traditional style anchor chain would translate as a tattoo, my artist suggested to put a chain instead of rope."

- How big is this chain supposed to be? The primary images in that design are 1) the Kraken 2) the ship. Those are the elements people should focus on. Rope vs. chain? What about the riggings? Windows? suction cups on the tentacles?

Thanks to everyone that replied,

Yep should have waited to see my tattoo artist drawing and ideas before asking on the forums. When Tristan mentioned putting chain on there I was all for the idea, actually I thought it would be awesome. Now after seeing the pics Kev Tejerina posted I am even more keen for the chain can't wait to see the drawings Tristan comes up with.

Cu_Bu, Thought about posting a pic of the progress so far but decided to wait until it is finished.

Thanks again for the replies. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Well I am slightly nervous about putting up a pic of my tattoo for some reason, anyway it is only part of the tattoo and I feel it is ok to post it as the tattoo artist doing the work posted this pic on his instagram page.

Artist is Tristan Bentley works at Ocean Ink in Miranda Sydney Australia and yes the octopus is smiling :D, the photo was about 2 minutes after we were finished for the day.

b21e53ecd24d11e19afe22000a1c074e_7.jpg

Cheers really appreciate your comment, I am pretty stoked on it myself, we have not decided what colour to do the octopus going to worry about it after we have finished everything else.

Just like to add that getting tattooed on the hip bone sucks!