Tattoo Inventory

bongsau

Maybe it is my engineering background, but am I the only nerd who keeps an active spreadsheet inventory of my tattoo collection?

According to my data, in about 4 hours I'm sitting for Session #43 and Hour #130.

$17K in 10 years...YIKES. Better decision making would have seen me invest in the stock market instead.

But, that would have been a horribly boring and uncolourful 10 years!

:confused:

Maybe it is my engineering background, but am I the only nerd who keeps an active spreadsheet inventory of my tattoo collection?

According to my data, in about 4 hours I'm sitting for Session #43 and Hour #130.

$17K in 10 years...YIKES. Better decision making would have seen me invest in the stock market instead.

I have no idea how to use a spreadsheet, but I do know that I don't want to know how much I have spent on tattoos in the last ten years. I also do not want to know how much I have spent on beer in the last 10 years.

As a spin off on this inventory subject...does anybody keep the sketch or stencil for their tattoos?

I've been fortunate to get to keep a few from my tattooists. Now once I clone my beautiful self I can ensure my clone's sleeves are an accurate recreation of the original haha.

No...but if you live in Edmonton you should consider getting a tattoo from Ollie Schell. Guy rules at tattooing and at life.

I'm working on a 3rd piece with Mr.XXX ! According to my nerd-spreadsheet I have spent 13.5hrs thus far with Ollie (which if you know how fast dudeXXX moves that is good progress). Next appointment is in July connecting the 3 tattoos together to sleeve the leg.

I really love the experience and his process of applying tattoo. He's got a fantastic flow, the most consistent, fastest and easy-healing tattoos I wear. I was pretty excited when I heard he was moving to Edmonton, furthermore moving in with the Lucky Strike Tattoo crew where my other dudes work. I really don't have a need to go to any other shop in town or afar now.

I tried to keep track in the beginning but gave up when the numbers grew. I don't like to know how much I spend on my "fun stuff". I once calculated how much I spend on booze in a month and almost had a heart attack, so I sat down and had a drink.

Um . . . NO! You'd have no tattoos and you'd only have about $6,800 left of your $17k.

Or less....anything invested pre-2008 pretty much is shit in comparison to what it was.

holy shitballs. i'm too lazy to do this.

Haha I've definitely never considered keeping track of how much I've spent. However, some new guy at my boyfriends work saw my boyfriends arms and said "Nice ink! how many hours ya got on you?" We had a laugh at that one and then decided to see if we could figure it out. Needless to say there were some that we really couldn't remember how long they took. Are there really people out there who keep track of how many hours they have on them?

It's the thing that makes me the money to get tattooed...we office guys have our secrets too...we won't ask about your tatty guns if you don't ask about our Add 'em Up Glowy Screens.

;)

As nerdy as this sounds...I kinda like using spreadsheets.

Question....have you made an excel doc over 90mb? I have!

I work a lot with data trending and semi-smart A.I. so I churn shittons of data daily. It's always cool to wow the non-nerds out there with the information I can pull/manipulate.

LOL, yeah man, I am a systems analyst for a cell phone company, I love me some spreadsheets. I dont think I have ever gone 90mb though, LOL.

Honestly, I was just making a spreadsheet for expenses for going to SoG. *blush*

I refuse to work with cell companies now after some past experiences. The data structures I've seen have been horrendous. I give credit to people that can understand the bill systems, which in my opinion are the most confusing ass-backwards formulas and DBs out there.

Oh yea BTW those 90mb files are my reports! Real-time data burns gigs an hour.

I use Excel mostly at work to keep track of my stuff.. or have to be able to access some sorry sack of shit's spread sheet. I had one I used to keep as a running log on some train wreck of a project.... that was over 2000 lines long. Great search feature though.

I keep a running tally of every tattoo I've gotten since 1977 in my head. I can tell you how much I spent and tipped and approximately when I had them done.

CG

I use Excel mostly at work to keep track of my stuff.. or have to be able to access some sorry sack of shit's spread sheet. I had one I used to keep as a running log on some train wreck of a project.... that was over 2000 lines long. Great search feature though.

I keep a running tally of every tattoo I've gotten since 1977 in my head. I can tell you how much I spent and tipped and approximately when I had them done.

CG

you need to get tattooed more haha