Just some pics...

Dan S

is that a .50cal key chain?

that's some nice looking knotwork, the other stuff is obviously cool but knotwork around the elbow and then the way those others flow and fit is real nice.

Nothing gets it said like Ma Deuce.

I should get some better pix...the knotwork wasn't finished-you can still see some scabbing, and there is a good bit more knotwork tied into a World Serpent copied from old stone-carvings.

Some better pix, a little detail of sections.

Right Arm, full shot, sleeved by Miles Maniaci @ CTC in around 2001.

DSCF2780.jpg

Right Arm, upper detail.

DSCF2781.jpg

Right Arm, Back.

DSCF2783.jpg

Right Arm, Runestone Detail.

DSCF2784.jpg

Right Arm Front, World Serpent.

DSCF2785.jpg

Right Inner Forearm, Parrot, Dale Grande, CTC, 1973.

DSCF2786.jpg

Wotan, Right Arm, Rear.

DSCF2787.jpg

Right Elbow.

DSCF2788.jpg

Left Arm.

DSCF2789.jpg

Left Forearm, Demon coverup, Dale Grande, CTC, 1984

DSCF2791.jpg

Left Elbow and Transition, Dale Grande, CTC, 1984.

DSCF2792.jpg

Left Upper Arm, Dragon in Clouds coverup, Mark Miller, CTC, 1982.

DSCF2793.jpg

Left Elbow.

DSCF2794.jpg

Left wrist, Panther Head coverup, Dale Grande, CTC, 1972.

DSCF2790.jpg

How about that hand tattoo? close-up?

First tattoo I ever did...I believe it was 1968 or 1969, "Secure Youth Detention Facility"! Amazingly enough, you can still almost read it.

RightHand.jpg

RH2.jpg

Hope I didn't burn too much of your bandwidth with this stuff...feel free to delete any or all of them if that's the case. I read about everyone's work, and some of it is in galleries, but I'd really trip on just seeing it up close and how it's laid out. Just me.

Especially love the right arm, Dan.

Looks like you're about ready for some color re-touching on the left?

Thanks. I won't re-touch the old stuff, it is what it is, and it's a reminder of a different time and place. I do have some pretty colorful stuff planned to go onto that arm to sleeve it, so I hope it will more than offset the large chunks of black and faded-out colors!

There is another thread on here about red-reaction...note that ALL the red in the parrot, and the dragon on the top of my left arm is gone. Didn't last a year.

Thanks. I won't re-touch the old stuff, it is what it is, and it's a reminder of a different time and place. I do have some pretty colorful stuff planned to go onto that arm to sleeve it, so I hope it will more than offset the large chunks of black and faded-out colors!

There is another thread on here about red-reaction...note that ALL the red in the parrot, and the dragon on the top of my left arm is gone. Didn't last a year.

That's the first I've ever heard of red fading out that quick. I'm the exact opposite in that red is the more stable of colors

I've heard and seen that with one particular orange ink, but hadn't heard about it with red. You're thinking it's an ink thing, or skin reaction thing?

I've heard and seen that with one particular orange ink, but hadn't heard about it with red. You're thinking it's an ink thing, or skin reaction thing?

I think it was the ink. I have other red on me from after they changed to the "new" style red, and it has remained pretty stable...note my right elbow after ten years! I think it was probably just one particular batch of "old-style" red that didn't hold up too well.

god damn, dude. that parrot from 73 has held the test of time.

Really, ALL of Dale's work I've gotten has held it's own. That's the main reason I have continued to go to CTC. Dale was trained by a Master-Cliff Raven, and he has trained-up a whole crop of Masters, from what I can tell.

That parrot is a coverup, to boot! All the red is gone from around it's eye's, the crest I guess, but that was the ink...

That's the first I've ever heard of red fading out that quick. I'm the exact opposite in that red is the more stable of colors

Ealier red inks were pretty unstable, and at their worst, cou;d provoke some REAL ugly reactions in people. The red tehy use now is world's better.

Too bad neo-nazi morons are getting that stuff tattooed all over them thinking its some sort of white identity. Wont stop be from getting something "nordic" but still sucks. Either way, I love these old pictures some classic tattoos. I too have no issue with red, but pigments have prob changed since you got that tattoo.

The early red inks used iron in them, and they caused what was known as "red reaciton" in some people...as I said, it could get ugly. When they stopped using that, there was a period when red was iffy, they were experimenting, and that's when those were done. The later red, as on the elbow, is no problem.

As far as "nordic" type stuff, all of the sleeve-work came from historical texts. The top piece was a shield device dug-up in what's now northern Germany, and the World Serpent is from what's now Ireland. My family is Irish and German, so I picked them all to reflect our lineage. The pic of Wotan and Slepnir is an old woodcut, if I had to pick a belief system to identify with , I guess I would say Wotanism. It's as good as any creation legend, and at least it's from my ancestors.

Totally, those are great. I want a Sköll tattoo. I guess to me getting a tattoo from your own culture is great, but people go nuts about that. Im american, thats the culture Im proud of.... and that's just a greasy melting pot of all our cultures.

Totally, those are great. I want a Sköll tattoo. I guess to me getting a tattoo from your own culture is great, but people go nuts about that. Im american, thats the culture Im proud of.... and that's just a greasy melting pot of all our cultures.

Me too...and I've got my share of Traditional American work...

FreshKidsEagle.jpg