Sleeve length

Hogrider

Yeah :D

I just like the clean look and when you throw your arms up for a stretch people go "O hey you have a tat man that looks bad add" etc etc :D Having it out all the time kinda spoils it IMO

At the rate I am going I need all the room I can. Already loosing the surprise factor. My inner arm tattoo is below t-shirt level.

• 4 months later...
Both of my forearm tattoos end just over an inch from the line where the palm meets. And they are visible if I stretch or reach for something without thinking. I sort of unconsciously look around or just be careful when reaching for something. I always bring a dress shirt with me when I get inked and have some concerns. Me and the artist agree on where to stop the tattooing before it starts.

The 3/4 sleeve is a great idea, wished I thought of it sooner. Too late now... Has anyone ever extended a 3/4 sleeve into a full sleeve and had it looking good?

CG

Thats a good idea.

The 3/4 sleeve is a great idea' date=' wished I thought of it sooner. Too late now... Has anyone ever extended a 3/4 sleeve into a full sleeve and had it looking good?

CG[/quote']

I have the same question. Does anyone have pictures of a before/after 3/4 sleeve that was extended to a full sleeve later? I guess if you had any inclination of extended it later you could tell the artist so they could end in a way that would make it as fluent as possible to extend later.

My left arm actually sneaks onto that little bone on the wrist and a little splash on the hand. My right arm finished about an inch before the palm. But I wear a short sleeve polo shirt most days to work, so its no concern really. The one I am worried about is the back going up onto the neck...

Has anyone ever extended a 3/4 sleeve into a full sleeve and had it looking good?

On my left arm the tattoos stopped about three inches above my wrist. Had a little skull and rose put in there and brought a little of the background down, all by a different tattooer. And unless you're looking for it, you'd never be able to tell that it wasn't part of the original design.

Mine ends at the wrist. I was thinking of having it end a bit higher, but I thought fuck it, I'm well-established in a career where tattoos aren't an issue, and while there are going to be plenty of circumstances where I'll want to keep them covered, if my shirt rides up and shows a bit of my sleeve it really doesn't matter.

• 1 month later...
I just put 4 fingers on my wrist and had my artist draw the line there for my right arm. Going to do the same 4 fingers length for my second sleeve. It works fine for me. At work I wear a dress shirt and tie but my ink never peaks out of my shirt.

Too late, I had him "fix" it and now it goes to mid wrist bone :-)

The only problem is that now i need to find something else to fixate on!

I thought this seemed relevant to the conversation. Here's a photo I noticed on Mr. Robson's Instagram from a few weeks ago of extending a half sleeve into a full. From the looks of the half sleeve, thoughts of extending it might have been brought up at the time because it looks like it ended in a way that made it easy to extend seamlessly.

81d9cfb4625711e2ae9922000a1f9b71_7.jpg