When I see other people's tattoos, I don't usually look at them thinking "that would look better if it was reworked."  I was simply observing the beauty of a tattoo that was done over 50 years ago and has been left untouched since.  Tattoos obviously can be reworked, as shown above.  But I enjoy seeing them like they were intended.

Edited by Guero

10 minutes ago, Guero said:

When I see other people's tattoos, I don't usually look at them thinking "that would look better if it was reworked."  I was simply observing the beauty of a tattoo that was done over 50 years ago and has been left untouched since.  Tattoos obviously can be reworked, as shown above.  But I enjoy seeing them like they were intended.

It's certainly interesting to see how they do age and I love how shapely the lines of her arms, and figure is, generally!

I'm a relative newbie - still inspecting different styles and trying to decide what to put on my own skin so I'm curious about how different things last and what can be altered and what can't. 

You are obviously a long-time connoisseur with a deeper appreciation. Perhaps I will get there; perhaps I won't. :)

• 2 months later...

You shouldn't have changed it. I was just pointing out that those tattoos, and skin for that matter, are no longer his. 

I used to think it was pretty cool to have tattoos preserved for generations to admire and still think it's kinda cool to be able to see it but it's the one thing you CAN take with you to the grave.  I can't imagine i would ever consent to it. 

Anyway, not trying to be grammar police. I was just trying to be funny. @Ducky15568

@Rob I I was just giving you shit in response to you're joke, but my humor can easily come off as snarky.

I also think its pretty cool the way these tattoos were preserved for the generations(I couldnt do it either, though).

I believe there is a museum of skin like this in japan. I think would be bitchin' to see one day.

I love macabre museums.

here is a link to more pictures of tattooed skin: http://www.cvltnation.com/dead-skin-living-art-the-museum-of-tattooed-skin/

skin sch.jpg

Edited by Ducky15568

• 6 months later...

Spotted this one in Sambo's restuarant in Lincoln City Oregon. 

Made by Tom Slick in 1972. It was finished by Mr. Slick in Bert Grimm's Portland shop. 

It has held up very well. The only tattoo this gent had except for a dot on top of each of his fingers that a friend's brother did to him when he got drunk. 

18274897_10155242010818899_8599930575755371812_n.jpg

• 1 year later...