• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Theres a supercool feature on the new Amsterdam tattoo museum site that allows you click through many pages of a new book on Rich Mingins ,really worth a peek.

Home - Amsterdam Tattoo Museum

I know I'm super late, but I just wanted to thank you.

I've been in dire need of a new way to kill time at work, the Amsterdam Tattoo Museum site has come to the rescue.

I was looking at an issue of TAM the other day and had to laugh the photo (which i did already post a while back) of the exact same spot the picture here was taken

4591a86f.jpg

63de3938.jpg

99887bf0.jpg

7c12e367.jpg

Johnny Anderson, Capt. Jim, Jimbo

417301db.jpg

Any photos or clippings I have posted here should all get due credit to Jack Witt, (besides the obvious TAM pages I scanned for this) so anyone that posts them on your own blog or whatever, please try to make mention of that. Thanks.

I work at the Veteran's Hospital.....I have gotten to see some really nice old tattoos from guys that got tattooed from all over the world (mostly navy guys from WW2 and Korea)

I have always been hesitant though to ask people if i could photograph them....maybe I will start doing that though!

Do it! Also, welcome back!

Do it! Also, welcome back!

I have thought about it and a notable baltimore tattooer suggested I do it and get signed releases and we think about making a book.....but I am really not into that idea to be honest! Maybe taking a few photos wouldn't be so bad though!

I thought it would be awesome to try to get a photo of the person from about the time they got the tattoo with it showing and then get another one of them now with the tattoo and put them side by side! :)

And thank you....it's nice to be back!