What can I say, got strung-out on ink again. Got a spot booked with Nick at noon this coming Friday, we been going back n forth by e-mail, and he found the exact sheet of flash I remembered from when Cliff Raven owned CTC. Twisted it around a bit, and should be able to do it in one sitting Friday. This is gon be a chest piece, "seated eagle" with roses and banners, all my kids names on it.

In other words, fairly large.

Can't say enough about Nick's work. Anyone that has any interest in traditional American-style tattooing owes themselves some time in his chair!

That's great, Nick. I remember reading an interview with Ed Hardy about 20 years ago (in the old Modern Primitives book) in which he talks about the shame that's been heaped on a lot of old guys for having tattoos. He said that he always approaches them, compliments them on their tattoos, and asks who did them. That really stuck with me, and I'm happy to hear that you're doing the same.

HEY! Just saw this...I'm not an old guy, honest, just a coupla young guys stacked together in the same body! Those three pieces in the first post are my first few tattoos.

@Jack I hear ya homie, I'm cursed with the same affliction. Actually to be honest I look his age even with facial hair lol. He just looked way to young to be serving in some form of conflict, but it shows how much times have changed. Granted he could easily be 17/18, but in my head thats still to young to be going off to war!

lady just walked in the shop, wanting to get her tattoo recolored and what not,

asked her where and when she got it tattooed ''some hells angels place 20 years ago'',

which here in Amsterdam means Hanky panky's original shop on the oudezijds voorburgwal

she said some guy named Robert, showed her a picture of Bob Roberts and she confirmed it was him,

just sent the image to Charlie to see if he can tell if its legit or not, but thought it was pretty cool.

428467_10150829191657721_634472720_9898662_11683543_n.jpg

yeah he's good friends with Henk Schiffmacher, and the old shop at the red light district was close to a local hells angels bar

current day the shop is still there, run by hells angels, churning out terrible tattoos and Henk has a new shop with his daughter Morisson and Tycho Veldhoen

thats the short story anyway haha

you mean Boltz didn't put that backpiece on Frank Carter in the '30s? SOMEONE LIED TO ME.

also, that first photo on this page is intense...

Haha!! I didn't even see this post before. Yes, someone did lie to you ;) (basically i was on a photo dump and i got it confused with another image which I now can't find)

Straight from a 70's film set - Chicago Tattoo Company .Instagram

Sweet. That was a rough-ass 'hood back then, bigtime. Great place, tho', Cliff, Buddy, and Dale always had some craziness going on. You went east a bit on Belmont, you were at "Chickenhawk Corner" of Clark and Belmont, you went west a half-block, and you could see the look-outs on the rooftops and in the alleys with their walkie-talkies, ready to tip the dealers to the cops.

It was always fun.