Excellent shots, Kyle. Do you think that the styles have "evened-out" betwixt the States and England? I mean, I know those are older pix, but they look more like pix from the States from maybe the late fifties, and Rusty started getting work in what, 61 or 62?

Excellent shots, Kyle. Do you think that the styles have "evened-out" betwixt the States and England? I mean, I know those are older pix, but they look more like pix from the States from maybe the late fifties, and Rusty started getting work in what, 61 or 62?

Its interesting to note that around the mid-fifties there was a tattooing international exchange programme of sorts that saw both Milton Zeiss and Al Schiefley vist our shores and vice versa for Les Skuse . I also recall Skuse having the greatest admiration and probably duly influenced by Tatts Thomas .

Its interesting to note that around the mid-fifties there was a tattooing international exchange programme of sorts that saw both Milton Zeiss and Al Schiefley vist our shores and vice versa for Les Skuse . I also recall Skuse having the greatest admiration and probably duly influenced by Tatts Thomas .

Intersting. Tatts Thomas would explain a lot...her work looks somehow older than it is, and Tatts had been workign for a looooong time by the mid-fifties. I imagine she would have only been able to see him, tho', if what I've read about her is correct, she didn't start getting tattoed until the early sixties.

I think it's the placement of the pieces that makes me think the work is older looking, that and the type of pieces. Gonna hafta try and dig up some more pix of her-what a trip!

Heres a good shot of Les Skuse's work.

- - - Updated - - -

Intersting. Tatts Thomas would explain a lot...her work looks somehow older than it is, and Tatts had been workign for a looooong time by the mid-fifties. I imagine she would have only been able to see him, tho', if what I've read about her is correct, she didn't start getting tattoed until the early sixties.

I think it's the placement of the pieces that makes me think the work is older looking, that and the type of pieces. Gonna hafta try and dig up some more pix of her-what a trip!

It seems Rusty was tattooed by Bill and Les Skuse , Ron Ackers ,Chris Connett, Lyle Tuttle, George Bone , Cash Cooper , Dennis Cockell and Bob Maddison amongst others .

- - - Updated - - -

Ron Ackers 1950's

Cool pictures again @Dan S , a nice mix of hairy bikers and womens boobs and butts........!

Ah, the bad old days!

Ya know, if you aren't as ancient as I am, you probably wouldn't notice, but a LOT of the tattoos are copies of artwork, especially Dave Mann stuff, that appeared in Easyriders in the early years.

Ah, the bad old days!

Ya know, if you aren't as ancient as I am, you probably wouldn't notice, but a LOT of the tattoos are copies of artwork, especially Dave Mann stuff, that appeared in Easyriders in the early years.

A little before my time but i will show my father in law when i see him next, he has a collection harley\hells angels tattoos so im sure he will find the pictures interesting

Rusty Skuse , unknown middle lady tattooed by Horihide Kazou Oguri , Mitsuaki Ohwada .

Excellent tighty-whiteys! Had to have been taken in Japan...they had some truly brutal censorship laws there. A shame, that's a truly Kool pic...I'da loved to have seen more of them.

Seems that Photobucket doesn't like some of thse old pix I've been putting up, don't know if someone complained, or they just have some old bluenose that sniffs through everyone's stuff to find a pic of a nipple, but anyhow, here are retouched pix to replace those that have been, or may be, taken down by PB. Sorry if they make some duplicates, but if they are still there in a few weeks, or whenever, hey, take 'em down!

31.jpg

32.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

Seems that Photobucket doesn't like some of thse old pix I've been putting up, don't know if someone complained, or they just have some old bluenose that sniffs through everyone's stuff to find a pic of a nipple, but anyhow, here are retouched pix to replace those that have been, or may be, taken down by PB.

Yeah, Photobucket's a prude like that. They took down one of my pics years ago because it showed my own tattooed ass. C'est la guerre.