Tony Polito eagle done in 1974 for the paltry sum of $45.00 .

Two more for good luck .

Always got the good stuff, Kyle! I've got to get scanning again.

$45 bought you a pretty nice chunk of flash in the early 70's, if I recall, that's what I paid for the roses and banners on my forearm, and maybe $65 for the parrot on the inside of my forearm.

Found a coupla pix of my old work before it got blended in...dhon't think I out these up before, but if I did, well, shit-ignore 'em!

OldParrot_zps2686dfc2.jpg

OldRosesCLoseup_zps61ae06d6.jpg

The parrot is Dale Grande, maybe 1975, and the roses and banner are also Dale, about 1974.

And yeah, the images are lousy...they are scans of my arm, not pix, done in preperation for sleeving.

@JustAlex, those scans are about 11 or 12 years old. I still have both pieces-no way I'd cover them. the roses and banner got reworked after my divorce, but basically just covered the names and matched the color of the roses to the color in the surrounding sleeve.

DSCF2786.jpg

DSCF2785.jpg

Again, lousy pix, but they're all I have.

Went to Dale to get the sleeve done, but he had recently stopped tattooing, and intro'd me to Miles Maniaci, who was just getting his chops at CTC. He did a masterful job of putting my ideas together, and came up with a solid design to pull it all together.

Now, I am getting ready to have a few things reworked on this sleeve. Nothing really major, just want to shift the perspective a bit, and Nick Colella at CTC will be doing the work. Hell, if I'm lucky, the tattoos will last longer than I will!

A minor tidbit...the parrot is a cover-up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...