a guy from the UK got tattooed at NYA a few weeks ago and had this great old tattoo...

diminuative skull action | sarah schor

Hey Sarah, your original link wasn't working so I messed with it and think I got it fixed but if this isn't the tattoo you are referring to from your blog let me know as I want everyone to be able to see it, thanks.

Old panthers are becoming one of my more favorite "aged" tattoos.

Heres a couple of mine. These were done 1970/71 when I was 15/16. The skull, my first ever tattoo is over 40 years old. The reds have gone from both of them but they are in pretty good nick considering. The artist was a guy called Steve who had a shop in the city of Bath, England. I think it was in Broad Street. Don't know what became of him. No appointments or bringing in artwork in those days. All walk ins. You just sat and waited your turn. The clients were bikers, skinheads and low lifes like me. I remember him tattooing and smoking rollups.

daggersnake.jpg

skull-1.jpg

It's crazy. I would have never been and still am not that cool. A guy who I work with named Dave he's been tattooing for 25 years. He got a cock that hangs below his knee from Dietzel when he was 16. Imagine the amount of cool and F U you gotta gave to get that tattoo at that age. He has all these tough tattoos from Tatts Thomas and some other guys. All super rough and tumble stuff. I just wish I coulda been that cool.

Loving all the "Unpublished" pics up here. The ones from the books are nice, but I think I have all the books. I like to see the ones that aren't as documented. Keep 'em coming please. The snake was done in 1981 at Chicago tattoo the girl head done in 82 in Hong Kong The guy didn't remember who exactly did them.

It's crazy. I would have never been and still am not that cool. A guy who I work with named Dave he's been tattooing for 25 years. He got a cock that hangs below his knee from Dietzel when he was 16. Imagine the amount of cool and F U you gotta gave to get that tattoo at that age. He has all these tough tattoos from Tatts Thomas and some other guys. All super rough and tumble stuff. I just wish I coulda been that cool.

i really want to see a picture of this...

This was done on my good friend/mentor Tom before he went to Vietnam in the late 60's. It was done in Kenosha WI by a guy named Greg May. Greg was murdered by an ex employee in 2000 but from my understanding was know as a very fast solid tattooer in the chicago area. I saw the flash sheet Tom picked this image off and it was very well done. Tried to get him a copy of it as a gift but no dice.Tom has a few more tattoos from Greg. I will try and get some quality pictures next time I see them.

4580952199_368b6edf41_o.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My boss (Jack Witt) used to zap at a couple of different spots on the Pike (Lee Roy's, Long BeachTattoo) and has a killer scrapbook of vintage photos and business cards. I scanned all of them the other day. Being an ex-HA(apparently not an easy club to quit) and working on the Pike in the mid 70s, he has a boatload of great stories.

I can't give ALL of the gems away, but here's some decent ones I can post.

fbac7982.jpg

730c2db2.jpg

141a98ea.jpg

f5d3647b.jpg

f5f0a8ed.jpg

7dc333eb.jpg

959dbaf2.jpg

Man, the peacock, panther and cross/anchor are all so goddamn TOUGH! You gotta have Jack put something like that on you, dude.

our tastes are far too similar. you beat me to the appreciation punch again hogg!

for reals though those photos rule hard. thanks irezumi