• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This one came into our shop in San Antonio the other day. Said it was done in Connecticut around 1985. Could not remember the shop name or tattooer's name.

Also... Have you guys checked out @vintage_tattoos on Instagram? It's run by 2 english dudes so there's a lot of english stuff but if you tag them in an old tattoo they repost it. It's pretty bitchin'

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know why that uploaded sideways... Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Met this guy outside of my old apartment here in San Antonio... I had a bunch of pictures of him... But they're not on my phone anymore... Ill try to see if I can find them on my computer.

• 2 weeks later...

This one is on a guy who came in to get some family crests on his forearms. Last time he got tattooed was just after boot camp in San Diego, about 40 years ago. He couldn't remember who did it, but said that it was drawn on with a ballpoint pen. He had the lettering added a few weeks after the main image.

1002479_10101152964432001_1531572345_n.jpg

Any background on this photo? Where'd it come from?

So inspiring! Imagine back in the day when you were one of those only people walking around with tattoos, what a feeling.

@Guero It's from the fans of the Les Skuse Bristol tattoo club facebook page , the page is run by Les Skuse's grandson Jimmy .

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fans-of-Les-Skuse-and-Bristol-Tattoo-Club/287812237921214

I was down in Ocean City, Maryland last week and picked up the two pictures attached. Apparently they date back to the 40s from a photographer named A. Aubrey Bodine, based out of Baltimore. I don't know much more about them, but I thought they were pretty cool.

Edit: Not sure why the one posted sideways. Sorry.

• 1 month later...

I have some pictures of some leeroy minouge? Tattoos and a couple Percy waters that came into my place of business a while back, the guy got them at the pike back in the early sixties I believe . He had some really cool stories about those guys , he claims to have shot a guy that was attempting to rob the shop! I will get the pics onto my laptop and upload them soon. I love old tattoos and seeing how they aged. I remember reading an old biker tattoo mag that bob shaw was in talking about how he started using smaller needle configurations after having seen his own tattoos come back thirty years later.