Tell me what you think please :)

MsCreant

Link isn't working for me, it just takes me to facebook home page. What's the name of the tattooer?

Its only got the artist's name as Diva in the photos I haven't been in the shop yet to find out.

Go to Facebook...

Type in Pretty in Ink Tattoo

And in one of the first 5 links it should give you this one..

Pretty In Ink Tattoo Studio. Sydney Australia

986 Victoria rd West Ryde · Sydney, Australia · 2445

Tattoo & Piercing

147 were here · 1,302 likes · Opens at 11:00 am

Click on it and look through all the photos you like...

Happy to Travel interstate if it was a artist I was interested in working with but I would need to get it done in one sitting as I couldn't afford to stay a week to two in between sittings.

The Staffie was done by a artist called Diva at Pretty in ink Tattoo studio West Ryde,Sydney.

I was using Facebook to look at some of the sydney studios recent work and I always drive past that smaller looking studio on the way to my Girlfriends house. I have yet to be in or get any work done there

The Work is not what you will get from the best or special International guests some of the 8hr Traditional Japansese Half sleeve work leave a lot to be desired compared to what I have seen from the likes of Kian Forreal etc... but a lot of the work on the site page I would be happy to live with.

It is in a very strange location/area for a studio and I am not sure what type of business it would bring but judging by its Facebook page it looks like it gets a lot of happy repeat customers

Pretty In Ink Tattoo Studio. Sydney Australia - Tattoo & Piercing - Sydney, Australia | Facebook

I would be more than happy with something like this over a full portrait and it was done in the same studio mentioned above.

golden.jpg

That is one of the worst color portraits I have ever seen in my life. Below i posted a link to Virginia Elwood's facebook page. Not only does she do good black and grey portraits, but she has some good examples of what I was suggesting as a more traditional take on a portrait using color. I know you are not going to go to New York, but I mean this is what good tattooing looks like, I hate to say it, but that shop you posted has more bad stuff than good, although there is some good, just trying to steer you in the right direction.

Virginia Elwood's Photos | Facebook

Really? Nobody has mentioned Kaleidascope Tattoo yet?

Well aware of the shop but like yourself, I was really only aware of Stevie and as far as I know he doesn't really do portraits? Wasn't too sure about anyone else there and wasn't going to send the man on a wild goose chase haha.

@petepunter I've previously put up a bunch of shops in the "Tattoo Shop" section of the board, so if you click this link Australia | Tattoo Shop Reviews it should be able to point you in the right direction ;)

In Brisbane I'd suggest: Westside: Tim Rix or Malika. Seventh Circle: Loz

Melbourne: My mate Ben has just started coming into his own http://www.facebook.com/blaukis.tattoo and works out of Pure Vision. There's also Marshall at Third Eye who does nice realistic work.

These are just a couple of suggestions and it'll come down to the style you want at the end of the day but have a look through the shops I listed in the first link. I'll ask some friends over the weekend who'd they'd recommend for you in Sydney and see if I can expand my own knowledge as well :)

Those dog portraits that are more "traditional" kill me, I love them. I want one of my dog. Its a specialty tho, some people do amazing jobs with it (that elwood one rules). Ollie who tattoo in edmonton also does solid ones. He works conventions all over canada.

yCguD75VRq8J7cZx.jpg&w=341&h=480&ei=0WA5UOKbJaK36wGU44HoCQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=391&sig=113452312380989574133&page=1&tbnh=150&tbnw=113&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:75&tx=74&ty=41

Those dog portraits that are more "traditional" kill me, I love them. I want one of my dog. Its a specialty tho, some people do amazing jobs with it (that elwood one rules). Ollie who tattoo in edmonton also does solid ones. He works conventions all over canada.

yCguD75VRq8J7cZx.jpg&w=341&h=480&ei=0WA5UOKbJaK36wGU44HoCQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=391&sig=113452312380989574133&page=1&tbnh=150&tbnw=113&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:75&tx=74&ty=41

The first one of these traditional dog portraits I saw was done by Chris Conn on my boss back in mid 90's. I started seeing more of them in the last year and I agree I think they are way cool and perfect for something like a picture of your dog. You can have a little more fun with them as well, capture some of their personality.